Untitled

I was struggling to sleep and just kept thinking over what happened that day. I remember that afternoon I had a friend round. I remember watching movies with her, comedies and when it got later we watched some horror, she would get scared at some of the scenes and hold onto my arm tight. She would then deny it and say that she did it to comfort me because I was scared, I would laugh and she would make a huffy face at me. I remember, after the movie was finished she would poke me in the ribs and would tell me to put another one on. It went on like that for a while until it got late and she would have to leave. I remember I offered to walk her home.

I must of fallen asleep eventually because I woke up to large deep claw marks in my arm. I ran out of bed and into the bathroom. I rummaged through the cupboards for disinfectant and bandage. I must of been in had of adrenaline because my arm didn't hurt. Well, that was until the disinfectant touched the cuts in my arm. The pain almost dropped me to my knees. I quickly bandaged up my arm hoping to subdue the stinging pain. Somehow there wasn't much blood but my head still felt light, I closed the door as I slid down it and sat on the floor.

There was a sort of voice whispering to me in my head that lulled me to sleep.

.........
"What are these for? If you don't mind me asking"
"Oh, umm, my doctor gave me some pills because I've been having a bit of trouble sleeping"
"Oh, yeah, I've been noticing that a bit..."
.........

I woke up in the morning and got ready to head back to campus. I don't know why but it felt right. I got breakfast on the way in. After that I went straight to the campus. I noticed that there was a police car parked near the campus it was perfectly normal but felt unnerving. I ignored it and walked into campus. I went to psychology class and sat in my seat but the teacher never came in so I just went to the library and grabbed some books, a few moments later my friend from the night before sat down in front of me.

"I was so tired after last night, we stayed up so late" she said. the library was empty but I just looked at her.
"I had a lot of fun, do you want to do it again soon?" she suggested then noticing the expression on my face her face went red and she quickly changed the subject.
"Wait, what happened to your arm?" she reached over to touch it but I pulled it away.
"It's nothing, I just..." I hesitated
"You haven't gone to the hospital, have you?" she said almost disappointedly
"It's fine"
"But it happened over night... Just let me look at it" I could see it in her eyes, she looked really concerned. I couldn't say no but told her to wait till after next class.

I went to my construction class and started work on my project. I only noticed the silence when I heard quick, almost staggered foot steps coming towards the room. Then a big guy who I recognised as the New Canadian kicked through the door and lunged at me with a knife. I managed to dodge out of the way. He was really quick and went to swipe at me. I was barely fast enough to parry his arm away but not before managing to slice the crude bandage on my arm. He kicked me to the floor just before the supervisor grabbed him. The Canadian student wrestled free and went to lunge at me again and I dodged out the way and kicked him in the knee which took him to the ground. Me and the supervisor held him down and shouted for someone in the other room to get the police.

After the police came and and arrested the student. Just as he was leaving I heard a familiar whispering coming from a window. "We will be seeing you again" I recognised it but decided to ignore it.

.........
"Is something wrong?"
"It's my dog. I found it dead last night"
"What! How?"
"It had been acting strange for a while now, barking just past the fence, you know, the one facing the forest?"
"Yeah"
"I think it was attacked"
.........

The supervisor told me to go to the med classes and get my bandage back on. I thought about why the new student attacked me and if it would happen again, and if so, what would I have to do to be ready. After a few minutes I felt a warm trickle down my arm. I noticed a long, thin cut down my arm obviously from the knife attack. After a closer look I could see that the old scar wounds were still healing but was almost fully healed. I knocked on the door of the med class and the nurse opened the door, her eyes followed the trail of blood behind me, as she looked at my arm she offered me inside. There was only one other person inside and it just happened to be my friend.

The nurse had to leave and left my friend to tend to my wounds. I explained to her what happened. After I finished explaining the nurse came back and explained that she wouldn't be back for the day. After she left the second time we sat there in silence for a while before my friend spoke up.

"So what caused the claw marks?"
"It was... a dog"
"Really?" she asked doubtfully
"Do you still want me to come over and deal with...?"
"Please, if you will" she looked gloomy and stopped talking.

As she was finishing up the bandage I couldn't help but look at her. Her long brown hair, trailing down her shoulders. Her arms revealing her soft pale skin. When I looked in her eyes I could see a caring glint in her eye. She had just finished bandaging me up when she looked deep into my eyes. I could see her slowly, hesitantly leaning in, closer, and closer until I could just feel her warm, humid breath on my lips. I could hear a voice in my head whisper to me to do it.

.........
"My parents are out at a party and won't be back for 5 days. Would you like to come over tomorrow and see my dog or watch movies or something"
"Sorry but I have to go see my doctor tomorrow, how about the day after?"
"Are you ok?"
"Yeah, I'll be fine, it's just check ups"
.........

"What will you be doing now?" She asked
"Well, I'll have to stay on the campus, seeing as the whole 'getting attacked thing' happened," I answered still wondering on what I would actually do.
"I could play you a game of chess?"
"Ha, you think you could beat me?" I jested

I think we are getting a bit side tracked here.
Well you did let me waffle on.
Ok, fine, I'll talk for a while. When you were young, authorities found you alone, in your house, with your parents dead. After being taken in for questioning you claimed that you didn't do anything and that 'Man' did it. After attempts on questions about 'Man' lead to you saying "'Man' said he doesn't like me talking about them" or similar answers. There were also cuts on your wrists and arms claiming that you "told them about 'It'" denying that you ever cut yourself. After studies and  searches for any trace of 'It' or 'Man' failed you were diag-
'Diagnosed with schizophrenia', yes I know. And you say I waffle on.
Indeed, so tell me what caused the scars?
well, you already know, the same thing that killed your daughter.
How do you know about that?!
Now tell me, detective, what is 'It' that attacked me?