One "Shot"

Grown-ups will never understand what five year old children like me have been through. Or what I got from it. If I tell them my little story of my life they'll smile awkwardly and say, "You've got quite an imagination."

So I'm going to tell you the story of how I DIED...

"Hurry up Tsuki!!", I exclaim running across the street. "We're gonna be late for supper. It's already sundown!"

"You know I can't run as fast as you Kaiyo!", Tsuki yells back at me, tripping over himself trying to gather his school supplies in his arms, along with his jacket, and backpack.

Tsuki and I have been great friends for five years ever since we started elementary school. My parents died since before I could remember, so Tsuki's family took me in. Never once have we abandoned each other.

I start to walk backwards and watch Tsuki struggle to get himself back in order. I laugh at him, "Here gimme your jacket." I giggle. 

I grab his soft dark blue jacket and swing it over my shoulder. I turn around, and in a flash I find myself in the grasp of a grown man, pulling me into an alley. I let out a shriek.

"KAIYO!" Tsuki yells. Two more men appear and grab Tsuki, covering his mouth. One man takes our bags and rummages through them taking our money out of our wallets. 

I struggle and step back, pushing my attacker into the wall, loosening his grip. I leap forward pushing the man holding Tsuki. He releases Tsuki and I grab him running off. 

The man that had Tsuki grabs my ponytail and pulls me into his grasp and puts something to my head. A gun... 

Tsuki stops, his shiny silver eyes turning a bright red. A trash bin he is standing next to is completely destroyed in an instant.  I don't even know what destroyed it, Did Tsuki destroy it with will power alone?, I wonder. 

There's a grunt behind us then blood is visible on the floor in front of me. Did he kill the men behind me? 

The gun is pulled away from my head. The man pulls the trigger and shoots at Tsuki. I see it bounce off of the air around him. At that moment the bullet sinks into my stomach. I spit out blood, falling to the floor. Tsuki's eyes return to normal. 

"Kaiyo!" he yells taking a step towards me. Another gun shot...

It hits Tsuki in the shoulder. One more gun fire. Hitting him a bit close to the chest. He takes another step and collapses on the ground in front of me. Tears start to form in my eyes. I try to speak but I'm too weak to.

Tsuki makes eye contact with me and we stare at each as we lay on the ground in a abandoned alley way. He smiles and coughs. We grab each others hands. Then I watch Tsuki's eyes close, his grip on my hand loosens. "Tsu.... ki...." I say taking my last breath. My vision goes blurry and then I no longer feel pain. 

I feel nothing...