White Demon Love Song

Alt. Ttile: She dated a Demon

Adam Faust was too cliche a name for a demon, and that was why he liked it. He liked it especially when she said it because she took four years of German, loved Opera, and actually knew how to say Faust so that it sounded like she summoned a malevolent spirit to her doorstep. 

She was the student and he was the security, holding her books for her and intimidating the men that stared at her back because they couldn’t stand how lovely her eyes were. He sought her out right away even though he knew he shouldn’t have. Demons having relationships with humans was thought of as fondly as May Day flowers left at a tombstone in love. Bottom line, it wasn’t thought of highly. But while Adam Faust still perfectly despised flowers, Victoria Wolf was a taboo he would gladly take on.  

By mortal measures she was stunning, but there were other things that human eyes couldn’t see that made her delicious to him. When his brother asked Adam what theses qualities were that could make ‘the filth we eat worth looking at’ Adam Faust ate his brother and warned the other fifty eight not to make the same mistake. 

The first time he tried talking to her she smiled and nodded politely until she realized he wasn’t talking to her because she was in violation of parking codes or required to renew anything. Apparently she didn’t appreciate figures who ‘abused power’ for personal gain. He said he didn’t think he had any power over her and she told him he was correct before walking off with her head held high.

A thousand years ago he would have called her Woman King and the masses might have worshiped her, or maybe not. Maybe he was just thinking with a vision clouded with infatuation. But the nameVictoria Wolf did have a sort of regality to it when you rang it just right. Still, he liked Victoria Faust better.    

Her car died due to a light being left on from the vanity mirror. He didn’t give her a chance to call anyone else, since his car was right next to hers and the security office just happened to have jumper cables she could use.  

She popped the hood for him and the stone saint painted with cheep colors shook a little when he touched the metal of her Ford. He smirked at how useless it stood, facing away from him as he stole energy from his car and directed it into hers.

She was a good old fashioned church girl, practically a saint. The kind that buttoned up her blouse and cried during prayers because something otherworldly stirred inside her. She was so forbidden it was stupid for him to flirt with her over the naked engine, but he couldn’t help it. Devil he may be, but he had a bit too much of Eve in him to stay away from a bad thing. The one thing he shouldn’t taste was the sweetest of all delights. 

“Where do you take mass?” 

“In a church.”

“You’re going to turn down a chance to preach to a sinner in need of saving?” he laughed. 

“Something tells me you don’t think you need saving.” Her eyes were lined in black and winged at the corners in a way that suggested supple wrist movements and artistic brush strokes. “No, something tells me you don’t want to be saved at all.”

“Do you think I need it?”

“Terribly.” And then she drove off leaving a hole in his whole being. 

 Adrenaline junkie is what his brothers called him. He liked to steal feathers from angels and hold them in his hands as they burned through him with Holy Light just because he could hold them longer than anyone else he knew. She had a halo in each of her eyes and he wanted them on him. He also wanted to eat her, but that was the only thing his brothers didn’t tease him about.