The Corner Rounder

CHAPTER 4:

They just stood there wrapped in each others arms. They didn't flinch, didn't show any signs of disgust (meaning Sheldon). They just held each other, making up for every moment they spent apart.

Sheldon closed his eyes slowly, taking it all in.

He had no idea how LONG he'd wanted to do this, just hold her, let her know he cared about her. Did he love her? It see hard to tell, he wouldn't rush things. He just got to the Hugging Stage. Was this what 3rd base felt like?

He felt Amy slowly release him, wriggling out of his strong grip. She looked up with those big-olive eyes, and gave him a warm, happy smile. She lightly patted his arms where her hands where on both sides. Moving her hands to his face, she softly touched his jaw, then placed them on his face, her thumbs circling his jawline.

Sheldon sucked in a breath and breathed out with eyes closed. Was he enjoying this? He was, he was enjoying this so much. But it ended too quick, Amy released him and said,

"Let's take your luggage upstairs."

She reached down and grabbed his duffle, grunting as she slowly turned and made her way to the stairs.

Still overcome with shock, Sheldon stood for a moment, but then quickly realized he should be carrying his own luggage. He could see the weight was too much for her, so he rushed over and said reassuringly,

"I can carry it," followed with a warm smile.

She returned the smile and handed the bag over. Then, again, turning to the stairs with Sheldon on her heals.

"So," she started as they rounded the first corner, "how was your family? Apart from the whole seeing-a-football-head-coming-at-you bit."

"Well, the baby was quite irritating, crying for food, crying for sleep, crying, crying, crying," he babbled on, rounding the second.

"Did you hold him?" She questioned.

"Yes," rounding the third.

"And... How did you feel?"

"Well, staring into the blank eyes that can't even begin to comprehend what I'm saying," he said as they reached Sheldon's apartment, putting the key in the lock, "just another day at the office."

Amy smirked. Classic Sheldon humor. She followed him into the apartment.