Chapter 14

Fergal squeezed his eyes shut, blinking down hard to try to regain full vision. Everything felt fuzzy, the air began to feel stuffy and Fergal hoped that he would not faint. He tried to sit up, but his head throbbed when he did. Laying back down on his bed Fergal sighed.

The chink of light coming through the shut curtains told him that it was in fact day again. Fergal hated himself, he knew that he could treat her better than Colby ever would. He had had the chance to tell her how he felt, again. And he had blown that chance, again. Fergal felt nauseous, his eyes fuzzy, head sore.

If he squinted he could make out the shadowy outlines of his apartment, the rubbish left on the floor, the dirty clothes scattered, the empty beer bottles. He knew that it was not healthy to drown his sorrows in bottles of beer, but it blurred his thoughts and his visions. The more he drank, the less pain he felt. It had a certain numbing quality that Fergal could not get enough of.

Fergal groaned, if only he had told her when he first had a chance, he could of prevented all of this. He couldn't stop thinking of Colby Lopez with his love. His love? He loved her? Yes. It became clear in Fergal's mind, he loved her. Yes. He loved her.

Fergal felt his groggy head clear up. He could finally see clearly. A rush of joy flowed through him and he wanted to scream his love from the top of the highest mountain. He would climb that same mountain for Bayley, he would swim the deepest seas and he would walk the lengths of the planet. Fergal had to tell her now, he had to profess his love for her.

But he couldn't. Not now. Reality hit Fergal like a brick wall as he was brought back to earth. He couldn't tell her how he felt, he had chances but he had blown all his shots. He had messed up and now there was nothing he could do. Fergal felt his mood sink. He had fucked up big time and now he was going to pay for it.

---------------------------------------------

"Colby!" Bayley kicked her legs in an attempt to escape his grasp, in fits of giggles.

Colby held her tightly as he ran across the decking. He jumped into the swimming pool, still holding her in his arms. Still in each other's arms they floated to the surface of the pool, laughing hysterically. The pair paused, their eyes locking; both drenched in water from head to toes.

Their lips met, but once again Bayley felt no spark. Her mind began to wander, could she still not feel any romantic feelings? She thought that she was over Aaron, but was she? Why was there still no attraction between her and Colby?

Bayley pulled out of the kiss, only to be met with a concerned looking Colby,
"What's up?" Colby pulled away, his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"I... I don't know." Bayley looked down, breaking eye contact.

"Look Pam, if I did something wrong or..." Colby's voice began to speed up with anxiety.

"Colby, you did nothing okay." Bayley sighed, she might as well go for it. Bayley pulled him into a kiss.