Chapter 1

(Mark's P.O.V.)

I was walking home down the dark street to my dingy little apartment when I heard a bunch of people yelling, so I decided to follow the sound. As I got closer to the sound I could hear them a bit more clearly and I began to make out some of the things being yelled.

"Fag!"

"Queer!"

"Why don't you take your pride parade somewhere else, no one wants to see it!"

"Slut!"

I round the corner and see a group of burly guys standing in a circle, yelling their hateful comments toward their victim in the center.

"What the hell is going on here!" I yell over the loud men.

Some of them turn to me, "We were just teaching this little Irish fag a lesson, wanna help us out?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Come see for yourself!"

I walked closer, joining the circle of guys and I saw a small man with bright green hair, standing in the middle of the circle with his arms raised to cover his face as people threw rocks and yelled insults at the cowering figure.

"What did he even do?" I asked, anger rising inside me.

"He was in the bar making out with some guy. We would've gotten them both, but his boyfriend ran off before we could catch him, the cowardly fuck."

Infuriated, I pushed the men aside and ran to the center, rocks bouncing off my body like pebbles. "What the fuck is wrong with you people, he didn't do anything! People should be able to do whatever they want!" I frantically grabbed him and tried to pull him away, but was stopped at the edge of the circle.

"Where do you think you're going?" A man with a slight Swedish accent and a short, well-kept, beard said, blocking my exit. He pushed me back, causing the smaller man and I to fall down. "If you're gonna defend the fag you're gonna learn just like him! Get him!"

They began to close in on us, grabbing the green haired man and I by our arms and lifting us up. Held in place, they began throwing punches, hitting me with their huge fists. As I struggled I looked over to the other man, who was receiving the same treatment as me, and as he struggled unsuccessfully against their grip I could see tears rolling down his now uncovered face. I struggled frantically against my attackers, trying to free myself so I could help him, but suddenly he stopped sobbing, becoming completely silent as he slumped over in their arms.

I began yelling frantically for help as they dropped him to the floor, unsure of whether he was unconscious or worse, tears rolling down my face as they kicked his unconscious body.

Suddenly I heard a loud sound, a siren, and I saw blue and red lights flashing. They dropped me to the ground, running the other direction and I tried to crawl to the green haired man to see if he was okay, but I couldn't move my body. I was lying on the ground sobbing quietly as a policeman came around the corner. He knelt down next to the man and rolled him over. "Oh my god." He pulled out a radio and told someone to send an ambulance.

I finally found the strength to pull myself up, and once I was standing I saw the cop run toward me as spots filled my eyes. I tried to take a step but lost my balance, and the cop grabbed me as everything went black and I collapsed.

Hey guys, this is Cole, you're friendly neighborhood wolfaboo, and I'm not sure what to put here but i see a lot of authors put A/N's at the end of their chapters. I suppose if you're reading this you don't hate the story too much so far, or maybe you do IDK, but either way i appreciate the read. I'm not sure where I want to go with this story, but I have a few ideas. 

 A) Mark wakes up in the hospital 

B) Jack wakes up in the hospital

C) I rewrite the first chapter giving Jack's side of the story

Let me know in the comments which one you think I should go with. 

Thank you guys for reading this chapter, if you liked it click that vote button and I'll see ya in the next chapter, buh bye!!!

(shh... I know it changed again)