Encounters

Empty classroom, dirty windows, describe my surroundings. Desks with vulgar words scribbled in black and red sharpie towards Doechi. Doechi? I look down and observe my clothing. Ugly gray t-shirt, baggy sweatpants, and unbranded brown sneakers. A schoolbag lays on the floor a few feet from me, with items sprawled out all around it. I pick up what seems to be a student ID card. Doechi Merseth, Year 1, age 15. In the corner of the card, A small rectangular picture of a girl with long black hair, pale skin, and dull brown eyes.

I quickly gather up all the belongings and place them in the schoolbag. 2 light pink hairpins, a tiny notebook with a lock on it, and 3 mechanical pencils. This girl must be really boring... I sling the bag across my body and walk towards the window. Using my nonexistent fingernails, I attempt to pry open the window from the bottom. Complete failure.

*Sigh*

After many tries later, I give up and take a seat on the dusty wooden floor. I take a good look at the desks and the walls. "Slut," "Whore," "Bitch," "disgusting trash." The words made me feel sick to my stomach... I don't know who I am, but it's almost as if I could feel the sadness and pain Doechi is going through. 

I walk to the door and peer through the mini glass window. My vision blurs and my head starts to feel dizzy. I press my hand against the door in attempt to stable myself. But something isn't right... Sweat runs down my cheeks and the palm of my hand feels wet. I open my eyes and catch a glimpse of the color red. Blood. The familiar metallic scent immediately hits my senses and my vision gradually degrades. I need to find help.

I ignore the blood and twist open the handle. I wince from the sharp pain that spreads through the palm of my hand. The door opens and a small gust of wind touches me as I step carefully out of the classroom. The pain in my hand starts to spread like wildfire throughout my entire left arm. I try to scream for help but my voice won't come out. Tears run down my cheeks and drop onto my shirt. My body starts shaking and quivering, and I fall to the ground, clutching my arm and sobbing silently. Thoughts begin to fill my mind. Someone, help me!!! HELP!! It hurts... It's useless, no one can hear me. No one can see me... A girl who appears to be around 7 years old stands a few feet away from me. Short black hair, olive colored skin, and piercing green eyes. "Why are you crying Doechi?" "Did they bully you again?" "As always, you're practically invisible." "No one can see you in pain." "No one can hear you cry and scream." "You're all alone." 

Flashbacks fill my mind... A group of girls kicking me and punching me, numerous times of people forgetting my name, and many more bad memories. However, one memory seemed happy. A conversation with a kind hearted boy with fluffy brown hair. Once I returned to reality, I mustered up all my strength and stood up to face the girl. The girl was gone. It was almost as if she was never here the entire time. Am I hallucinating?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I hoped you enjoyed Encounters (Chapter 1). I have many, many interesting plans for this story and I know that this chapter is reallyyyy boring but please bear with me, I promise it will get better. I have lots of twists and romantic scenes planned for this story. This chapter might've not made much sense but clarifications will definitely come in the future. Thanks for reading To Love A Psychopath

~xoxogiselley