weird!!

A/N: please enjoy my work, i am feeling a bit sappy today <3 ily ppl <3

"We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness - and call it love - true love."
-Robert Fulghum

She's at it again.

(Full Name), one of the most popular students on Nekoma Metropolitan High School, is back on the track once again. She had to attend a leadership training camp with a lot of student leaders around Tokyo to represent Nekoma. She spent five days and four nights at the Fukurodani Academy where the camp was held. She's one of the most active delegates, and managed to grab the 'Student Leader of the Year' award that almost shocked her fellow schoolmates. She is not their Student Council President but she's the Secretary, and one of the most trusted students of their batch. Pretty much, she's a great student. However, Kuroo thinks otherwise.

"Kuroo-san! JOIN US FOR LUNCH!" (Last Name) shouted, with that loud mouth of hers, that made Kuroo along with his company flinch. Kuroo never minded the attention, but not like this.

She's currently eating lunch with her set of friends (Kuroo swears he saw her with another group a week ago) at the school canteen, and invited Kuroo to join them. She's friendly, too. She's outgoing and funny, that's why many people like her. The Teachers and Staffs alike, along with the Heads and the Principal. (Last Name) is easy to talk to and is more than willing to help anyone at any cost. One of the many factors why she's popular.

On the other side, Kuroo never thought of her that way. He thinks that she's stupid and makes the dumbest decisions ever. She's good (Great, actually. But he will never admit that.) at academics, specifically Mathematics, English and Science. She always represents their school for Quiz Bees and such. That's actually why he'll never like her. Because she beats him like a pulp whenever they compete. He always lose, and he hates losing. There was that one time where Kuroo studied hard for a test, but (Last Name) managed to get a higher score than him. He wanted to admit defeat but then he heard her tell their classmates that she didn't even expect getting a high score because she didn't study. 'So much for not studying,' Kuroo thought that time.

There are a lot of things that Kuroo hates about her. But the one he hates the most? Her laugh.

She laughs like everything is easy. She laughs like nothing's bothering her. She laughs like life is just about rainbows and unicorns. She laughs like there's no tomorrow. She laughs like there's nothing to worry about.

Do you want another? Her smile.

She smiles like what he said didn't offend her. She smiles like she didn't hear anything. She smiles like what he told her is just a casual fact. She smiles like the sun will stop shining when she doesn't.

Her laugh sounds like a crying dolphin.

Her smile looks like Joker's.

She is the flower of their school.

So when he finally snapped at her, told her to 'shut it', and when he screamed 'stop bothering me, weirdo!'...

She was dumbfounded. He thought that she will stay quiet. But instead, she just laughed and beamed a grin at him. "I'm so sorry, Kuroo-san! But for me, everybody's a little weird at times! Your hair looks weird too, don't you think?"

Stupid dumb ass.

︶︿︶

He apologized to (Last Name) later that day.

Kuroo thought she's mad.

"Are you apologizing because you screamed at me, or because you called me 'weirdo'?"

"Uhh, maybe, b-both?"

Her lips formed another smile.

"I think I need to knock some sense on your mind, yeah?"

╮(╯_╰)╭

The two are now walking to the nearest ice cream station, after (Last Name) waited for Kuroo's volleyball practice to end. She made Kuroo promise that he will treat her to ice cream because of embarrassing her on the canteen (she actually didn't mind; but she loves ice cream and freebies).

"Do you think I'm weird, Kuroo-san?"

"Definitely."

She laughed. She anticipated this answer, she sensed that Kuroo will be honest. "Why do you think so?"

Kuroo pondered at the question. "Because..."

"Hmm?"

"Because I think that what you're doing is not right. You're very smart, hell, you're intelligent. But, I guess for me, you're not using it on the right way. I see that you can distinguish who is real and who's not, but you keep on befriending bad people. You're smart yet dumb at the same time. Plus, I don't like your laugh. You sound like a giraffe that is giving birth, if that makes sense."

Kuroo saw her smile turn into a frown. "Hey, my laugh doesn't sound like that! It's actuALLY HEAVENLY, YOU, YOU-- YOU FORK! I'M GOING TO SLAUGHTER YOU ASDFGHJKLLLLLAJAHAJKKA!!!!!" Kuroo slapped his hand on (Last Name)'s mouth to shut her up but she bites on it. He screamed and let her go. "That hurt, big fork!"

"That hurt too, (Last Name)! Don't do that again!"

"Then don't interrupt my sentence again!" She scoffed. "You're such a bully."

"And how many amplifiers have you eaten whole? You're so loud."

"Bully!"

He realized that they're in front of the ice cream station and he was about to push the door, but he saw (Last Name) pulling it.

"Why don't it open?!"

He held the hand she used and said, "Because you're pulling a push door, fool."

-_-

"You're weird, you know?" Kuroo stated.

"I fucking know right. I'm smart but I do the dumbest shits ever. I'm intelligent but I still forget what my last name is. I'm good at academics but I still push on pull doors and vice versa. I'm hella weird."

"Yeah, you're hella weird. So fucking weird. But please, (Last Name), don't change, okay?"

"Should I take this as a compliment?" She laughed.

"Take it however you want." He smiled warmly at her.

They ate their ice creams in silence, until Kuroo's phone buzzed.

From: (Last Name) The Weirdo

Do you know what this is called?

He raised his eyebrow at the person across him, wondering why she texted him when he's just there. Nonetheless, he replied.

To: (Last Name) The Weirdo

what

Another buzz.

From: (Last Name) The Weirdo

This is called 'first date'. <3

Kuroo smiled and said, "Fucking weird."