Blackstairs

"Jules"

Emma Carstairs whispered urgently, poking her parabatai's cheek.

Julian Blackthorn groaned and turned his face away from her.

"Five more minutes"

The sun had just risen and the institute was empty. The kids and Uncle Arthur had left the night before to Idris while Christina and Perfect Diego had gone out for a date and had messaged her saying that they wouldn't be back until afternoon.

Her stomach churned in anticipation of all they could do. Train, Paint, Go to the Beach- 

They could finally go up to the roof!

If only Julian got up!

Suddenly, and idea struck her. What if-

"Jules! Help!"  She yelled in fake distress.

He just shook his head and buried himself deeper under the covers.

"You and I both know that you would never scream for help like that Em"

"I love you Julian Blackthorn. Now please, please, please could you GET UP!"

Jules simply hummed in response, a small smile appearing on his face before he put a pillow on top of his face.

Emma sighed, well, there was something she could do. But she doubted her parabatai -boyfriend would appreciate it.

Oh well, desperate times call for desperate measures.

She slowly climbed onto the bed where Julian lay and slowly pushed the pillow off his face. He didn't stir, but she knew that he could sense her face getting closer to his.

As their lips were about to meet-

"Boo!" she yelled into his ear, falling back and laughing as he got up with a start and began cursing.

"I'm gonna get you back for that Carstairs!"