Emptiness

My POV

Emptiness....... that's all I feel. It's like floating in the ocean except without the calm feeling. You feel like you're detached from the world. And yet every little wave, every little emotion, threatens to overcome you. And sometimes, you just simply want to go under the waves so that it can be finally over. So that you can finally be free of this emptiness.

This is not the first time I've felt this. Before, every time I felt it, I would cry, and the feeling would lessen. But as the years went by, I stopped crying. I stopped because I did not want to seem weak. But because I stopped, the emptiness became stronger. It's like this huge wave that keeps on building up until it finally falls down on you and drowns you.

I used to say that I would never ever cut my wrists in my entire life. But when the wave finally fell down on me, I gave in. I cut my wrist. But it didn't stop there. I started to attemp suicide. Sometimes, if we didn't have a teacher or if it was break time, I would lean down the railing and I would wonder what it would feel like to fall down and plummet to my death. Other times, I would get a knife and I would point it towards my chest.

People would ask me why I do these things but I wouldn't reply. It's because nobody can understand how I feel. How could they if I myself am confused on why I do it? Maybe it's because of the emptiness. I feel empty so I'm trying to find a way to make myself feel something, even if it's pain.

__________________________________________________________________

I could feel the cold tip of the blade as I hold it pointing towards my chest. I could feel it starting to dig into my flesh. Then it suddenly plunges in as I push it into my chest. I feel my heart slowing down, the life draining out of me. As the last minutes of my life start, memories of my life flash before me. My family, my friends, my classmates, my love. They will not miss me.

As I take my last breath, I smile. At last, I felt something. I felt pain. And happiness. Happiness because I can finally be free of the luggage that I've been carrying in my chest. Happiness because I can finally free of the emptiness. As I think these thoughts, I close my eyes for the last time. And then finally, I stop breathing and my thoughts become silent........

________________________________________________________________

Death POV

Another soul to take. Another person who has killed himself. Sometimes I feel sorry for these people. Most of them didn't feel like they were loved or like they were important to other people. They felt like they were alone in the world and that was why the emptiness took them.

People who they considered important to them didn't feel the same.

They felt like their families treated them as slaves. And why wouldn't they feel like that when all their siblings and parents did was to order them around.

Their friends just talked to them when they had problems so they felt like their friends just use them.

The felt like their classmates don't take him seriously because they never listened to his ideas.

They felt like their love for a certain person was rebuked because that person distanced herself when she found out.

And they all follow a certain pattern. First, they would become drunkards. Then, they'll start cutting their wrists. Third, their life would suddenly spin out of control. And then fourth, they'd take take their lives.

I don't blame them. If I was in their position, I'd kill myself, too. But then again I'm Death so I can't die. Wahahahahaha

Well, back to work