The Freezer

Lisa's P.O.V

"Hey Ally! I need to go to the freezer really quick, I gotta get the catfish."

"Alright, be careful, that door gets stuck sometimes."

I worked in a meat factory and the place was so busy all the time. People running around and machines making unnecessary noises.

I ran into the freezer and didn't think to grab a jacket since I was only getting the catfish really fast. I grabbed the catfish and went to open the door but it was stuck.

"Aw come on."

I pulled on the handle again and it still wouldn't budge. I beat on the door hoping someone would hear me.

"Hey! Help! I'm stuck in here!"

Ally knew I went to the freezer. She knows I get my work done quick. I'm not back yet, so she should be worried right? She should be on her way to get me right?

I checked my phone but I wasn't getting a signal.

"Heeeeeeelp! Is anybody out there!? Help, I'm stuck in the freezer!"

Still no one came to get me out of here. I was probably in the freezer for twenty minutes when I felt my body get numb. It started in my fingers and then my arms. I needed to get out of here before I get hypothermia.

I pounded on the door harder but I started feeling weak and just sat on the cold floor and shivered, rubbing my arms trying to get some kind of heat.

I swear I started hallucinating while I was sitting in that freezer waiting to die. I thought I saw people that weren't there. At one point I think I even saw my manager, Ally. I was fighting the urge to fall asleep, afraid that I wouldn't wake up if I did.

"Lisa! Lisa where are you?"

Ally.

I tried calling her name to tell her I was in the freezer. I couldn't talk. I couldn't move my mouth. What the hell is happening?

"Lisa, are you still in the freezer!?"

Yes. Open the door. I can't move. I can't talk.  I'm the only person that can hear me. Please, I don't want to freeze to death.

"Hey, Shawn, open the freezer. I can't get it open. Doors too heavy."

"Okay boss."

Lisa, fight the cold. He's opening the door. You're going to be alright.

"Ally, it's stuck. I can't open it!"

"Well someone needs to open it. I think Lisa is still in there!"

"I'm trying, it's fuckin stuck!"

"Try harder then!"

Well I guess that's it then. I'm going to die in this freezer. Damnit.