Chapter 2

The Air tribe was cheering? And the Earth tribe was booing? This was too much! I sat down next to a boy with red hair and a smile on his face. "Congrats!", he said. "Thanks.", I mumbled. The boy looked to the man in the tuxedo. "I'm Aaron. Who are you?" I blinked. "Autumn." "Cool name!", he smiled. "And last, but certainly not least, John Ronald Newton!", the man announced. A nervous boy in glasses walked up, and went to sit with the Steel tribe. "That's all folks! Thanks for attending this year's separation! "Just come with me.", Aaron said. As we walked back to the Air tribe's home, my caregiver walked up. "Autumn, what did you do?", she hissed. "I left.", I said, looking up at her blazing eyes. She mumbled to herself and stormed away. "Who was that?" I turned back to Aaron. "Oh, my caregiver back in the Earth tribe. My parents died when I was a baby, and they were apparently in Earth. I just feel so... grounded.", I replied. "Oh, I know how you feel. My sister chose Fire, and my parents were so upset.", he sighed. "Hey! Wanna live with me?", he asked. Did I just make a friend? A real friend? I didn't have any in the Earth tribe. "Sure.", I said nonchalantly, but I was screaming inside my head. I have a friend. I have a friend.