I Walk alone

"Miss Blackburn can I talk to you for a minute?" Mrs.woods asked me before I left the class.

"Y-yes." I said and adjusted my glasses.

"Would you like to join me and help me in arranging books in the library?" She asked. My face instantly lit up at the name of library.

I nodded and she got up from her chair. I followed her out of the class silently.

I was a new student here and I just joined one week ago and I was really shy so I didn't have many friends instead of Brenda who was my neighbour too. I liked England a lot it was better here then America. I was always shy with new people but after all this the only thing that I will always love are books. They make me forget the bad things and I feel special because of that. I was bullied in my last school because I never spoke with anyone but nobody picked on me like a dinner plate here. I spend my most of the time with Brenda or books so I guess my life was going well.

I was so engrossed in my own thoughts that I didn't realised that we were in front of a big glass door which I assume was the library. Mrs.woods opened the glass door and inside was thousands of books perfectly arranged on the shelves. I felt like jumping in excitement. I've never seen so many books together.

"So Miss.Blackburn you can start arranging these books in the third asile. These all are fairytales so go on If you need me then I'll be at the librarian's table." She said and handed me a box of kids fairytale books.

I nodded and gripped the box in front of my stomach and walked towards the third asile. I picked the first book from the box and started arranging them in perfect orders.

*********1 hour later***********

I settled on a chair near a table after finishing my work. I checked my watch and saw it was 4 PM. My eyes widened and I quickly got up from the chair. I reached the table were Mrs.woods said she would be but I didn't saw her anywhere.

"Mrs.woods?" I said loudly. And there was no response I started panicking and quickly grabbed my backpack and adjusted it's strap.

I pushed the glass doors and a wave of relief washed over me that it was open not locked. I jogged towards the lockers to get my book and walk back to my home before it starts getting late.

The hallway was dark and not a single soul was there. Feared crept in my mind and I quickly opened my locker and stuffed the books in my bag and slammed it shut. I walked fast towards the main door and pulled it.

"No no no no please this can't be happening ." I again pulled it and it wasn't opening. I was on the verge of shedding tears. This can't be happening I can't get locked in the school alone I will die because of a heart attack or something.

"There must be another way out of this place." I whispered to myself and turned around and noticed it was getting dark and I can't break any window because they are made of metal blinds and glass. I started walking towards the stairs to see if there was any janitor room. But every door of classroom and janitor's room was locked.

"What will happen now?" I asked myself.

Suddenly a loud crash jolted my body and I screamed loudly. I stopped screaming when I noticed it wasn't a ghost it was a person whose back was facing me and he was surely a guy. A tall and mascular guy I might add.

He turned to face me and I gasped because he was the most handsome guy I have ever seen. His ocean blue eyes pierced through my soul and those jet black hair was gelled perfectly. He was wearing a black leather jacket and tight black jeans. His whole persona was screaming BAD BOY.

He waved a hand in front of my face and that's when I came back to earth.

"Umm." I said nervously and laughed.

He just stood there with an unreadable expression. His eyes travelled down my body and I nervously glanced behind his shoulder.

"What are you doing here miss nerd?" He asked and I gasped not because he insulted me but because his voice was deep and really hot. I felt my cheeks turning pink.

"I-I don't know how t-to get out of here." I whispered.

He nodded and grabbed my hand and I almost had a heart attack because his hands were ice cold. He laughed quietly and it was the most beautiful laugh I've ever heard.

"C'mon." He tucked my hand and almost dragged me out of the hallway.

"What's your name?" He asked turning his head to look at me.

"Angel." I said and diverted my eyes towards the floor.

"Nice name. I blushed at his comment.

"I'm Joel." I looked at him and he flashed me a smile and I smiled back.

"W-what are you doing here Joel?" I asked him.

"I got struck here too." He said making me look up at him. "How?" I questioned.

"Well uh the coach said me to bring some basketballs from the sports room but someone locked me there, that's why I had to break the door to get out of that place." He answered and I nodded.

"Are you a junior?" He asked me. "Yes I'm new h-here."

"Oh that's why you don't know about me." He smirked.

I looked at him confusingly. "I'm the school's bad boy." His smirked widened.

"Oh." I said simply. I think he is a senior that's why I haven't seen him before.

"How are we going to get out of here?" I asked him.

"C'mon just follow me." He said and I nodded.

After thirty minutes of roaming in the school he stopped making me crash on his back. "Easy there." He said and I blushed again. What's wrong with me?

"You know I liked your hair." He said and tucked a strand of my blonde hair behind my ear making me blush harder. My heart beat inscresed when I realised how close we were, his nose was brushing against mine and I frozed there.

"ANGEL." Someone yelled and we both pulled away and I turned to look behind the door where the voice came from.

"ANGEL ARE YOU IN THERE?" I quickly recognised the voice as Brenda's and turn towards Joel who was looking at me.

"C'mon Joel it's my friend." I turned and he followed my movement.

"YES BRENDA I'M HERE." I said loudly and withing a minute the door opened and Brenda's face popped in and I hugged her tightly.

"Angel I-I can't b-breath." I pulled away from her and fixed my glasses again.

"I was looking for you for hours and then Mrs woods said that you were in the library." She said.

"Why did Mrs woods left me there?" I asked her.

"There was an emergency at her house so she had to leave but thank god you are safe."

"Ya I'm happy too, thank god Joel was here to help me." I said

"Umm who is Joel?" She asked me.

"He is here." I turned around and saw that he was not standing behind me.

My eyes widened. "No one is there." Brenda said.

"B-but he was here with me." I stuttered.

"Was he a senior?" She asked me and I nodded.

"How did he looked like?" She questioned.

"Umm he had blue eyes and jet black hair and he was wearing a leather jacket and he said he got struck here too." I answered and her eyes widened.

"Shit the guy you are talking about was a senior here last year but he got locked in the school before the summer holidays started and when the break was over a janitor found his dead body in a sports room. Some people said that he still haunts the hallways after the school is over and oh my you just met a dead boy."

THE END

I HOPE YOU HAD A SPOOKY HALLOWEEN BECAUSE I SURELY HAD 😏