CHAPTER ONE

I was never sad. I always found something to be happy about. I had my bad days, when I wasn't motivated, but who doesn't have those? Then all of a sudden, everything changed. I liked someone I never thought I'd like. I got sad and depressed out of no where. I started changing, becoming a new person, I wasn't ME anymore. I was someone else.

This all started two month's after my birthday. My birthday was good, except for the fact that my dad didn't make it. It was my first birthday without him after my parents divorce was finalized. I think this played a major roll in my depression. I had a sleepover about a week after my birthday. I invited my friends, and I came out as bi that night. And that night, I realized I liked my best friend.

I went on as being friends with her and not telling her I liked her. I thought that if I had told her, it might ruin our friendship. A month after my birthday I got a text from her. My heart stopped when I saw the word's "I don't want to ruin our friendship". I read the text she had sent me and in it she said she likes me, and that she didn't want to ruin our friendship but she couldn't keep liking me a secret anymore. That made me the happiest person ever. I sent her a text back telling her I've liked her since my birthday.

A little while after that we started dating. We dated for a month and then she broke up with me at the beginning of summer and started dating someone else. This is when I fell into depression and started cutting. We didn't talk the entire summer. Us dating ruined our entire friendship. She used to be my best friend before we dated, but that was all thrown down the drain when she broke up with me.