All Grown Up

Chapter Two:

I felt a vibration in my pocket. I pulled out my iPhone to see a message from this guy I had been talking to. Unlocking my phone, I read the message and smiled. I could feel myself blushing. Bam looked over and saw my expression.

“Whatcha smiling about?” he asked.

I shook my head, “Nothing,” I said, as my fingers tapped quickly across the screen, typing a response.

“Yeah, right,” he said, reaching over and taking my phone.

“Bam!” I said, “Stop it!”

He switched the phone into the hand away from me and I couldn’t reach without causing an accident. I sat back in my seat and crossed my arms, pouting.  Bam scrolled through the messages.

“Kurt? Whose Kurt?” he asked.

“No one.”

“Okay, well I guess I’ll find out on my own,” Bam said, pressing the call button.

My eyes widened, “Bam, no!” I whispered.

I heard someone answer on the other line, and my face burned from embarrassment.

“Hey, is this Kurt?” Bam asked, pressing the speaker phone button.

“Yeah,” Kurt answered slowly, “Who is this? Nessa never said she had a boyfriend dude. I don’t want any problems. I can stop texting her.

Bam laughed, “Nah, I’m her brother.”

“Word,” Kurt said.

“Yeah, so I was wondering what’s going on with you and my sister?”

“Nothing, I’m just talking to her.”

“Mhm, well nice talking to you,” Bam said, then handed the phone back to me.

I took the phone off speaker and put it to my ear, “I’m sorry about that Kurt.”

He laughed, “It’s fine. I’ve got to go, but I’ll talk to you later.”

“Oh, okay,” I said, then hung up and then glared at Bam.

“What?” he said innocently.

“You know you probably totally made him never want to talk to me again.”

“Good,” Bam said, turning into the airport.

“Good? I really wanted to get to know him,” I said, getting out of the car.

Bam shrugged, “I’m sure you did, but I’m not so sure he wanted to get to know you.”

I looked at him, “How do you know? He said he did.”

“Sure, I’ve said that before. And you know what that got me?”

“What?”

“Exactly what I wanted, in their pants.”

“Oh ew, Bam. I don’t want to know about my brother’s sex life. Bad enough I had to hear it while it happened,” I groaned.

Bam laughed.

I then noticed that we were at the airport, “Bam, what are we doing here?”

“Flying,” he said, “It is an airport after all.”

“No shit. But why? I thought we were doing stunts.”

“We are, for the new Jackass movie,” he said with a grin.

My jaw dropped, “Bam,” I whined, “I didn’t even pack anything.”

“Buy new clothes?”