Chapter 2

As I lay in my king sized bed, I think about the fact that I've been going through the motions with Kha'Vell. It has been hell between taking over the drug business and having to do business with him because he does shit in New York just like I do. I got Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan while he has Staten Island, Long Island, and Upstate New York. His workers aren't supposed to step foot on my side and my workers aren't supposed to go to his either. If they do, somebody either gets the blood beat out of them or get bodied on site. It's life; but I still make sure to test Kha'Vell whenever he chooses to fuck with me. Everybody hates his ass.

I am Amiyah Harris, also known as Miyah to some people. I been fucking with Kha'Vell Kingston also known as Beast in the streets. Not many know we fuck with each other besides our right hand men and those are the only people that would ever know me and him fuck with each other.

We grew up with each other, but we were always distant until I turned 16 years old, and we been fucking ever since. We've been close and on the low for these past two years now. Since the last argument we had we haven't been cool. We don't even talk. We just handle business and that's it. I been moping around the house like a big ass baby, and the only one who knows what's going on is my right hand, Naomi. She been by my side since I came back home from Kha getaway house.

"Girl, now tell me again what happened?" Naomi asked for the third time.

"Bitch, I told you already. He had another bitch there and he fucked her. That bitch stole my fucking earrings, and I am getting tired of every time I say we can't do this he gets a fucking attitude and find another bitch to fuck."

"I know you probably don't want to hear this and I am sure you know that I don't give a fuck if you wanna hear it or not, but honestly, you have to chill with that 'we can't do this' bullshit. If y'all couldn't do it y'all wouldn't be fucking every chance y'all get, and you wouldn't be fucking him raw. Do he even know you got an abortion?" Naomi looked at me like she already knew the answer.

"Bitch, you always fucking up the moment bringing up old shit. You know he doesn't know so why ask me?"

"Just wanted to know if you changed ya mind. I feel like you should tell him you got rid of his child."

"Man, fuck all that. That shit happened last year. I am over that shit. I don't give a fuck if he knows, and the way he acting now just makes not give a fuck even more. As long as it doesn't come between my money I don't care."

"Amiyah, your father is on the phone for you," my maid said as she knocked on my door.

"Okay, Mila."

I picked up the house phone and my father started his shit.

"You know you're only 22 I can still take my throne back and give it to someone worthy," he threatened and sighed into the phone.

"What the fuck are you talking about now, old man?" I sighed, sitting up on my bed.

"You're taking over now and you need to be aware of ya surroundings meaning the grass isn't always greener on the other side. People would do anything just to ruin what you have going on."

He coughed.

"Papa, what's going on? What are you trying to say?"

Since I was clueless to everything he was saying I laughed. My father was the type of man who spoke in riddles. He would never tell me things straight out, and when I usually asked him why not he would tell me that I needed to learn.

"There will always be a snake in your grass. You just have to figure out who your friends are and who's ya enemies."

"I know who the snake is. It will be handled soon."