the story

Tall buildings and city lights can be seen. Unmistakable noises from busy streets can all be heard. Or so it used to be.

Mother nature had surely given up from all our wrong doings just for our wants. Wants for luxuries and all those meaningless things.

The Earth, or so it was called by his ancestors, was long gone.

No trees.

No buildings.

No civilization.

No people.

Not one of an earthling remained living on earth. All of them transferred to another planet they could live and perhaps, destroy again. 

Nevertheless this one man, louis, his name as far as he can remember, is roaming aimlessly to living place turned into rubbish.

He isnt certain of how he stayed living and the heck why is he still living but he was sure of one thing. His friend betrayed him. 

He was the one who helped his friend ride the last remaining spaceship before the great storm arrives but his friend pushed him off the ship so that his wife, his used to be wife, could be his. 

The worst part wasnt his death. The worst part is that he saw nothing in her wife's face. She should've been crying because her husband will be dead soon but no! She just stared. Louis could be wrong but he saw his wife in relief, kissing the damned of a man and maybe mouthing the words

'We can finally be together'

That was the events that happened a few hundred years ago or so he estimated. As of now, he knows that he awakened really confused and that he's the only remaining human. Still, he doesnt know why he lives.

Hoping he could get expired foods a few or so, he went inside a supermarket ruins. Luckily he got a kind of wet package of food but that will do.

You see, he lived the life of eating expired food. At first, he would throw up and maybe have cases of diarrhea but as years passed, he got used to it.

While walking and maybe finding something that will cure his boredom, he found something uncommon.

It isnt just an ordinary toy he used to want as a child, but a girl.

A dead girl. But why isnt she deformed or whatsoever? She's supposed to be rotten.

But he took her out of happiness. She's got to be a gift from heaven, if there is, since he's been finding someone like her for a very long time. He went to her so called home carrying the girl. As they reached the place, he cleaned her. He dressed her.

For days turned into months, he talked to her about many things. About his life, about 'their' betrayal and how his world changed as he found her. He would carry her as he walked and look for things. He would treat her as if she was alived.

One normal day, he told her.

"I wished you are to live. I dont know how or why but you changed my life. I dont know you and heck, you aren't even alive but you are my soul, my everything" then he kissed her. 

This is so wrong, he thought. Kissing a dead person is highly unethical. Let alone loving one. 

And before things for him got all heated up, she coughed. She actually coughed. She is alive! 

"My husband," she said. How great is it that she called him her husband. 

"You actually know me?" He asked 

"Why wouldn't I? You're my husband" 

He cared did not as he heard those words. He didnt care how this girl seemed to be getting old too fast as days passed. Or how her health was declining. All he cared was they are happy together.

As he was finding food for them, she accidentally tried to taste a potion kept hidden in his drawer for a long time without him knowing.

A potion for death and as for what he had drank before, he too accidentally drank the potion for life forever explaining his life span being too long.

He found out sooner about his wife's death and got depressed about it. Even though she's truly dead, he would still talk to her. He would still kiss her.

But then when he cannot accept it, he tried to kill himself only a voice telling him to stop it. Then he had an idea assuming that the onw who stopped him is real powerful.

"Let my wife live and i shall give you my eternal life. Exchange it for her life"

"You dont wanna live forever? Hmm... Interesting" the voice asked

"No! My life will be useless without her"

The sincerity in his voice was so clear that became the reason why someone hugged him from behind. 

"You're back!" He shouted out with glee

"I am!" She said with a big smile plastered on her face.

" please don't ever leave me again" he said

" i wouldn't"

As expected, they had children together. Six to be exact. We all know that it were to be weird but they became the ancestors of the newly restored earth. 

Let's just say that the world didn't turn into pure rubbish after all.