Chapter 3

Chapter 3

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

I open the door and see Mackenzie.

"Hi Mackenzie I'm really sorry, but my dad just came home from war and I can't take you shopping today," I tell her forcing a smile on my face. "Can I come in?" She asks. "To meet your parents that is," she says. It's odd that she's being so nice to me.

"Uh Sure," I move aside to let her in. She follows me to the living room. "Hello is this one of your lovely friend?" asks Mom. "Uh yes it is," I say. "But not really good friend," I whisper under my breath. "Hello Mr and Mrs Kline! I am so happy you made it back Mr. Kline how are you," she says with a noticeable fake smile.

"Thank you! And I'm so happy to meet you. What's your name?" my dad says shaking her hand. "I'm Mackenzie," she says. "Your welcome anytime," says my mom. Oh No! Why would mom do that to me! What if she comes over and acts like an angel and then if I tell my parents something about her they'll be all like, but she's so nice! Uhg! Parents sometimes.

"Thank you!" Mackenzie exclaims and flashes me a evils smile. "But, not today because I wouldn't want you to throw up also!" I say. She looks at me. "Of course not!" she exclaims and gives me a glare.

But, of course there has to be an exception because Mackenzie is just so nice and she can leave after dinner! I don't get it! I just. We sit down to eat. I just turn my ears off as Mackenzie and my parents talk and laugh. "Can I be excused?" I ask. My parents nod. I run to the bathroom and stare at the mirror. Maybe if I become perfect then maybe Mackenzie won't be so mean to me. I'll show her.

I fix my hair and makeup and go downstairs. After we finish eating I pull Mackenzie outside. "Your family is what's the word?" she asks. "There isn't one," she laughs. "This has to count as a day off of the deal," I demand. "Fine fine I guess so," she says rolling her eyes.

I close the door right in her face. I hear knocking. Breath in breath out. I open the door. "I'm sorry is there something you need?" I ask trying to sound nice. I look down and there is a little girl. "Oh I'm sorry I thought you were someone else," I say. "Can I help you?" I ask sweetly and crouch down to her height.

"Would you like to buy a box of chocolates?" she asks with a sweet little smile. "Stay right here," I say and smile. I grab a twenty from my moms purse and buy some boxes. I rush to my bedroom and all of a sudden my phone buzzes wildly. I fumble around until I can press the answer button.

"Hello?" I question the unknown number. "Hello, is this Danielle?" asks a sort of familiar voice. "Yea uh may I ask who this is," I say. "This is Harry you know from school," he says. His voice runs through my ear like music. "How'd you get my number?'' I ask a little bit loud. "I know people," He says. I shrug to myself.

"Okay," I say. "What do you want?" I ask in the sweetest tone possible. "I just. It's just that I. I can't explain it," says Harry. "I just want to." "It's okay you don't need to explain. I guess if it makes you feel better than." I hear nothing across the line. "Harry?" I ask. "Yes?" "I don't know," I say. "Mmm," he hums.

"Harry I really got to hang up I can hear my mom coming," I make up a lie. "Oh Okay." says Harry and the line goes dead. But, then my phone buzzes. I see a text.

We can just text.

- Harry

Okay then

-Me

Sooo. How have you been you know at a brand new school and everything.

-Harry

It's not perfect.