Slowly falling apart

Everyone worries about me. I'm just that girl that sits in the back of the classroom. I keep my grades at a B-. I'm not in any sports. I do what my parents want. I just try to stay off the radar. My bestfriend was the opposite. Her names Margaret Ann Urschel. Maggie for short. She doesn't listen to her parents. Her grades are shit, and she tries to hard to make people scared of her. She will never be off the radar though. She is drop dead gorgeous, and extremely funny. She make's everyone around her smile. She just couldn't see it herself. She thought everyone hated her. Well she didn't like most people either. She cared. She just didn't show it. She didn't want to show she was breaking inside. I could see it though. She used to tell me everything. Before she switched schools. She needed a 'fresh start'. I can't blame her. I went with it. As long as she was happy. She was everything to me. Then gone.

Days are harder without her. Its been about a month since I last seen her. She seems happy. She has a boyfriend, and a new bestfriend. Her name is Alex. I talk to Maggie on the phone once ever 3 days to see how things are going. She can't talk long though. She has volley ball practice after school, then comes home and has to take care of the horses. She doesn't get much service where she lives either. It hurts. Not having the person you saw everyday next to you. She's the only thing on my mind everyday, all day. I went through our pictures together before bed. Slowly sliding my finger across my phone screen. Looking closely at how happy she was. I tear dropped from my face. I turned my phone off, and shoved it under my pillow. I hugged my knees and tried to shove the image of her to the back of my mind, but I couldn't. I couldn't help it. The tears came, and wouldn't go. One after another rolling down my cheeks. Gasping for air. Like someone punched me hard in the stomach, and I dropped to the ground. I cried for about an hour. Then just sat there. Didn't say anything. I was empty.

I couldn't sleep that night. She didn't call, or anything. It's been a few days since we talked. I wonder how she's doing. She probably isn't wondering about me. She would of called. No. I'm sure she wants to. She must be busy. She will call soon.

Its been a week.

Homecoming is tomorrow, and Maggie is suppose to be coming to see me. Her boyfriend is driving her, so I get to meet him. I can't even explain to you how excited I am to see her. I've missed her so much. Maybe everything will be okay after all.

The following day.

It's 5 o'clock in the morning, and I can't fall back asleep. I am to excited. Ahhhh. She should be here around 4:30 tonight. I'm so happy. Today is going to be such a good day.

I get ready for school. Take a shower. Throw on some black leggings, a purple ting top, and a pair of black socks. I brush my hair. Put on a layer of mascara. Then head downstairs to eat breakfast.

My mom never makes my brother and I breakfast in the morning. She is usually sleeping before we go to school. We just either make ourselves breakfast or don't eat. I get my brother up in the morning. He does the rest himself. I mean he should, since he's going to be turning 13 in a few months.

A few hours later at lunch.

Kenzi tells me about how her horse wasn't listening to her last night, and how big of a pain she is. Kenzie is another bestfriend of mine. It was her, Maggie, and I before Maggie left. Now it's just her and I. She keeps me positive. I eat my lunch, and the oreo Kenzi brought me. Then scroll through my phone for a few minutes, before we are dismissed to class. Everyone is really preppy today because the game tonight.