Teme

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

'This shouldn't have happened...' Naruto solemnly thought, a dim smile faintly tugging against his chapped lips. 'Who would've ever saw this coming...'

"Sasuke-" Naruto croaked, haggard coughs racked through his beaten and broken form as he tightly grasped on to the Teme's shoulders for support, "you baka..."

Sasuke dumbly stared down at Natuto for the briefest moment, broken, uncertain, before his onyx eyes considerably widened as the realization for what had occured hit him.

Blood had dribbled down from the corner of the blondes lips to his chin, the scarlet droplets landing on to the torn and ragged black cloth that was Sasuke's shirt. Naruto's right eye was glued closed, the cut he now adorned above it heavily bled, which in turn blurred his vission. The blondes orange Jumpsuit was decorated with shreds of torn and ripped fabric, splotches of both dirt and blood marred the once spotless clothing, its naturally bright color now shades darker from the mixture that clung within its confines.

While the black haired Uchiha, Sauske, sported more bruises then open wounds. The only serious injury that the young Uchiha had pertained, was that of the large gash that he now adorned across the right set of his ribs. His clothing was roughed up, and his hair was flayed, but otherwise the young Uchiha was mostly unharmed. Of the two, Sasuke had sustained the least damage.

Yet, none of that mattered. The wounds the young Uchiha had garnered meant nothing to him, for the wound he had just caused to the blonde would undoubtedly prove fatal. His own arm struck clean through the Uzumaki boy, Naruto, his best friend...

"Naruto..." Sasuke faintly whispered to the blonde, who in turn only gave his signature blinding smile.

"It's alright-" Naruto's body spasmed as harsh and painful coughs racked through him once more, "I- I forgive you."

Sasuke gently pulled his arm out from Naruto, leaving behind a massive gapping hole just below the blondes heart, and clean through to the middle of his back. With great care, Sauske sat down while easing Naruto along with him, placing the blondes head delicately on to his lap to aid him with his ragged breathing. All the while, Sasuke kept a firm hand on Naruto's chest in a futile attempt to staunch the bleeding, in an attempt to prevent the inevitable.

"I didn't- Naruto I'm-" Sasuke's stuttering was abruptly cut off.

"So much... for making... Hokage..." Naruto raspily chuckled out, before more ragged coughs shot through him, leaving him gasping for air. "Go... back..."

"Don't speak like that dobe!" Sasuke snapped, but the undertone of worry he held for Naruto shown through. "You'll make it."

He knew though, they both did, Naruto would not make it.

Sauske narrowed his eyes on to the entirety of his right arm, the whole of it was caked in blood, the blood that he spilt. Yet, only more continued to pool all around his palm, so much of it and yet Naruto still fought on. Naruto, the blonde baka who annoyed him to no end, the blonde baka who always urged him in to petty fights, the blonde baka who was now dying before him.

Sasuke grimaced in disgust, not for Naruto, but for what he had done. In the last moments as the two raced towards eachother with their own respective jutsu, he miscalculated and rammed his arm clean through Naruto's chest. He didn't mean for that to happen, he was only suppose to stun the boy long enough to escape.

And now, Chidori, the jutsu passed down from Kakashi to him, had caused anguish once more.

"Kami, Naruto, why did you have to follow me!" Sauske shouted in anger and despair, his eyes however screamed the fear he would not show. "You should have stayed back in the Leaf!"