What happened?

(Archies pov)

How did this happen?
Why did this happen?

"Maxie?"
No answer.

"Max?"
Still no answer.

"C-Comon Max, t-this isn't funny!"

"Pleas w-wake up..."

Silence...

(flash back)

I was taking a late night stroll on the beach. I was wearing a pair of plain jeans and a blue T-shirt instead of my usual swimsuit and bandana.

'I think I'll bring Max here sometime, it's really pretty in the moonlight.'

I heard something crack under my foot. I looked down to see a pair of glasses. I picked them up and examined them, they looked kinda familiar, they where black with very long sides almost like-.

"Maxie!"

I looked around saw him laying face down in the sand a few yards away, he was dressed in his usual uniform and sweater. The waves reached up to his waist.
I sprinted over as fast as my legs could carry me.

"Maxie!"
I screamed. He didn't seem to hear me. I finally reached him and quickly pulled him out of the water, I put him on his back and looked for any sign of damage. I gasped in shock as I discovered a large bleeding gash on his chest.

I looked to see if he was breathing but couldn't find any signs of him even being alive.

'Oh gosh. What am I supposed to do!'

~end of flashback~

"Come on Max... Wake up, me and May need you... you can't just leave us. You're like a father to her... it would crush her to lose you... it would crush me..."
Tears where flowing down my face, I was covered in blood. His blood.
I suddenly heard a weak moan from Max and I emidietly sprung into action lifting him up and making a mad dash for our house.