No idea

«What would happen if you randomly started throwing letters on a sheet of paper? What would you do if these letters created a space from which you could never get out? What would you do to save yourself from the claws of the monster you have created because of your own recklessness and selfishness?»

These questions were spinning around Mikaela's tired mind, a young amateur writer who was trying to come up with some magnificent ideas for the book she soon wanted to publish.

Suddenly, the clock struck midnight, accompanied by the howling of an owl which was looking through the half-opened window. A warm wind came in the airy room which was lit only by a small lamp resting on the left corner of the writer's desk, caressing the delicate face of the brunette with deep mysterious hazel eyes.

She fell asleep with her head resting on the papers on her desk, already wandering through dreamland, a world full of mysteries and enchantment, a fantastic world that was yet so real.

'Where am I and why am I surrounded by a lot of "whys"?' Mikaela's suave voice echoed when she found herself in a white room where placards with the word «why», written in different styles, hang. 'How did I end up here if only a minute ago I was writing in my room?' the writer wondered, leaving the place of "whys" and exploring the room. Walking carefully through the placards, she got near one of the walls, where a door, as if specially made for her, awaited. She thought for a moment and finally opened the door. Once in the new room, the girl froze; the contrast between the two spaces was amazing: one was quiet, empty and luminous, while the other was crowded, noisy and dark.

Forced to step forward, to blend into the eager crowd that impatiently waited in line to get autographs, Mikaela winced at the roar invading her ears.

All of a sudden, a kid happily skipped in her direction, holding closely to his chest an autographed book, and when he reached her, he continued his way right through her. Other people walked through her as well, making it seem as if she was a ghost. At that moment, she took advantage of her transparency to read a dedication. When she saw the sign «MC», a familiar signature, but one that she could not remember, she decided to check who the person signing the books was.

"Miss Carson, it is an honor to meet you. Your book changed my life; it made me see the world differently and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this," spoke a middle-aged woman.

Again, the name Carson was familiar and she wondered who this unknown person could be. She decided not to lose any more time and so she went through the person who was blocking her view. Once again, she froze. She could not believe her eyes: it was her attending her own book launch, a launch that had a crazy success, and the signature «MC» was her own signature—Mikaela Carson. After all those overwhelming events, an unseen force pulled her back into the white room and the door through which she entered vanished.

The pendulum stroke three in the morning, and Mikaela got up immediately at that sound. She rubbed her eyes, arranged the wrinkled sheets, rose from her comfortable seat, and started pacing from one end of the room to the other. She was amazed by everything she dreamed, especially because, most of the times, dreams have revealed bits that happened in the near future.

Oh, how wonderful it would be if everything went according to the events seen in the dream!

She stopped near the window, opened it wide, and after a while she closed it completely. She then sat back in her chair, choosing a new white sheet on which she wrote: «Take a deep breath, / Look at the sky, / Admire the stars / And go away». She read it a few times, reread the three questions and then threw them across the room. She then left her work and chose to go to bed.

Word count: 699.