Chapter 2

It had been about two months since you had gained charge over SCP-049. He still piqued your curiosity. Why is he here? Who is he under that mask? What are his motives? Why a Plague Doctor? When did he arrive? Questions like these buzzed in your mind daily. You still couldn't make heads or tails over him. One night in particular, you spent almost all night reading and re-reading your papers. It still bugged you. You let out a large but soft sigh and looked at the time. The digital clock read 2:38 am. You yawned and filed the papers away. You quickly changed into black pajama bottoms and a LoZ shirt. Right as you were about ready to crawl into bed,,, WOOOOOAAAAAARRRRR
You let out a small yelp, more like a small scream, of surprise and shock and fell backwards. "Attention all units! This is not a drill! We are currently undergoing a security breach!" The man on the intercom said as the building soon went dark except for some red lights. You hurriedly grabbed some glowsticks, cracked one, threw on a dark hoodie, put the rest in the pocket, and tied the cracked glowstick around your neck. You shakily put on your shoes(or slipper boots if you'd like) and began walking towards the door, but you stopped and grabbed your radio. You had received this on the first day. You could talk to Gwen, the main doctor and different MTF units, along with other doctors. You didn't call anyone currently though, as you've always wanted to explore this place more thoroughly. You gulped and stepped outside. You lost all confidence now. Your heart sank as you eventually began to make your way down the hall. You shivered as a tsunami of uneasiness washed over you and took you away. But you continued. You knew exactly what you needed to know about each SCP. And as soon as you heard the sound of cement scrapping against metal you quickly turned and saw none other than SCP-173. Scared out of your wits, you backed into an elevator, keeping your eyes on the horrifying statue. You pressed a button and a small feeling of relief flew into you, but quickly escaped. You walked down the long corridor, eventually, you came to a room that had a gas mask. A gas mask. You quickly took it and stashed it away in case you ever needed it. You swallowed hard and continued your walk. You came across a certain SCP that you absolutely loved and knew that could be useful in case you ever came across 049. The Jade Ring, SCP-714. You smiled happily and snatched the ring and put it on. You walked along and all of a sudden, it smelled horrible. Turning around, you saw SCP-106 coming out of the ground. You almost screamed and ran for an elevator. You quickly smashed a button, not caring which one, and the doors closed. You sighed shakily and hugged yourself. "Why? Why did I take this damn, no, god forsaken job?!" You hissed to yourself.