Prologue- Scars we carry

He could feel the cold, burning through his scars. The scars that had caused him such a troubled childhood. The pain was unbearable. He knew he wouldn't last any longer, but he kept going. He kept going and did his best to try and fight it. This was it. Any more of that dreaded poison and he'd lose it. He's lose his sanity for good. And there was nothing he could do but anticipate, because he was chained to an altar in the center of the dark, silent room, the quiet deafening. It was so dark, not even a lantern could penetrate through the nightmare void. He didn't need light. He could see through it just a little, everything looking a shade of blue, which was the only spell that he could conjure. This poison and torture he had endured sapped him of most of his energy, he could not do spells and was only fed scraps. He knew, that the ants were just waiting for him to die, so they can feast on his carcass.

At that moment, a strange figure entered the room. He seemed to be cloaked, actually, he seemed to be made entirely out of pure darkness. The "cloak" covered his face, all the way down to his legs, but it seemed as if he was made of only that, cloak. If he took it off, he would look like a demon. In fact, it was what he was, a demon. A demon with a purpose to torture and torment innocent beings. And this man was one he wanted to torture. As he drew near the man in the center, he plucked a bottle from thin air, a small vial, actually and it was filled with an inky black liquid. What was it he was holding? The man in the center said, "Not the regular poison? What is that? I guess you won't torture me today."

The demon replied, in a raspy voice," I'm doing anything but torture. This will pluck the truth from the depths of your mind." The man quickly responded,"Go ahead and try, I dare you, but I'll do my best and fight. I'll fight it, and fight it, until my mind gets stronger and stronger. Once that happens, I'll be able to resist, and you'll never get anything from me, not color, not shape, nothing." The demon said,"I'm well aware of the laws of magic! However, this won't stop me, and you and I both know that." He hastily opened the vial, placed his hand directly on top, and moved it up. As he did so, the inky black liquid followed it. He then turned his hand so it faced the ceiling, and the liquid hovered over it. The man snaked his hand a little, and the liquid turned into a ball, and separated into smaller spheres. He positioned his hand to face a wall, as if waving, and jerked his hand forward. As he did so, one of the inky black potion spheres moved toward the man's bare chest. It was about to come in contact with him, when all of a sudden, his eyes started to glow the purest of white. So white it actually seemed to penetrate through the void.

"What is this!?" The cloaked figure said with an even angrier tone. The light stayed for a while. What was it the man was going through?

Through the man's eyes, he saw a forest, with the sun out, warming his skin. And in that forest, a man, with strange runes that seemed to be carved in to his arms. He had a purplish blue cloak. He was back was turned and he was tall. When he turned around one scar, protruding from his right temple all the way his left jaw. His face would have been a face of beauty if it wasn't for that scar. He had blondish brown hair. He said, with a very far away and resonating voice,"let him use the serum on you. It has been replaced."

"So tell me where! I can resist! "The man said with his voice only slightly resonating.
"It has been located far away, now being taken and and stolen. We ensured that it happened."
"So where? Give me exact details."
"I'm sorry, but we both know you lied to him. Your mind I'd weak, Silvan. I can't give you information. Doing so would be foolish. You know what would happen if I told you. That demon that is about to use the potion on you will ask for the location. You will have no choice but to obey and tell. For now, you will have to tell its previous location. It's not there anymore. And if he asks about this vision, it won't matter, and you'll tell him the truth eventually, that it's been relocated."

He sighed. "I understand." He felt disappointment, but, in some truth, relief. And with that, the vision faded away into the darkness, and the light dimming, and dimming, until it was nothing but sunspots dancing around the room. The demon snarled and said," What was that!? Nevermind! I'll know the truth sooner or later." He let the sphere of potion touch his skin, and seep through it. He struggled a little. Then, he pulled out one bony hand and with immense strength, pulled the man's hair." Now tell me, WHERE IS IT?"

The man struggled real hard while responding," I don't.. UNNNNHHH!!! The demon reluctantly loosened the grip on his hair. He still struggled, but mostly due to the potion seeping through his muscles. " I don't know!"

The demon said," So I guess you are as useless I thought you were. What were those eyes about?"

"Uuunnnhhh!" He tried to resist, but it seemed his mind literally had a mind of its own. He tried to fight, but the poison was submissive. " I had a vision. The object has been relocated. Far away from you and your kin's nasty clutches! I don't know where it is. AHHHH!!"
The demon tightened his grip on the man's hair. He then asked," WHERE IS IT!!?"

" I-I don't know."
He replied,"Stupid little half Elfling! You are a disgrace to both of your races. I was foolish to trust you have actual information."

Tears fell from his eyes and to the altar, and he whimpered in pain.

The cloaked figure slashed at his abdomen with his long, sharp nail. "Quiet! You're useless and pathetic excuse of a living creature. I'll get better answers from your friends."

Silvan, moved a wordless, soundless shriek of pain, as blood trickled down his flesh to the alter. He just couldn't take any more. He was glad, that his torture was done, for now.

And with that, the figure exited the room, slamming the door shut and locking it, leaving the Elfling back in complete darkness. He had gone to go, and visit the other captives he held. If not, a terrible punishment was in store for him.

SO... UM.... I HOPE YOU LIKED THAT PROLOGUE! PRETTY MYSTERIOUS EH?? OK YEAH I STILL NEED TO WORK ON IT. ITS NOT THE BEST AND NOT AS LONG AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE, SO EXPECT LONGER CHAPTERS!!

I MEAN, I CAN'T REALLY PROMISE THAT, CUZ SOME OF THESE CHAPTERS MIGHT BE A LITTLE SHORT. SO YEAH! I WONT GIVE ANY SPOILERS EXCEPT THIS: YOU'LL GET TO SEE THE HALF ELFLING A LITTLE BIT MORE THAT YOU THOUGHT!

I DONT KNOW WHY I SAID THAT, MAYBE BECAUSE I RAN OUT OF THINGS TO SAY IN THIS NOTE!YA IM WIERD LIKE THAT.

TOODLES

Erin