Chapter 1: Release

Quarrel.

Quarrel.

Quarrel.

What good has ever come from it? Was it simply the nature, of how relationships were brought up to?

Just a big pack of lies, arguments and threats. A promise. Broken into tiny shards of glass.

Repaired? Never.
Only packages of regrets, that come back to haunt you. Over and over again.

Huddling myself in a sphere ball, hiding beneath my shaken form, in the corner of my room. Covering my ears to block out the yells from the kitchen below. Shouts of custody, shouts of wanting, shouting just because they could. I hated it. I hated it so much. My guts twisted. This ungrateful feeling, unwanted. Regrets.
"Shut up! JUST SHUT UP! SOMEONE! SOMETHING! PLEASE... JUST SHUT THEM UP! SILENCE THEM!"
I remember mentally screaming to myself, in my mind, where all the screaming took place. A place that you think is so secure, your personal, private, thought keeping all in one secure place.
I never knew it would be leaked.

I stared down at the Millenium Puzzle, that hung around my neck with a thin rope, and held it between my hands. The cold metallic object stung against the sweat of my skin. Water droplets, fell from my purple coloured eyes, slightly blurring my sight. At first I thought it was just the tears blocking my sight slightly, but as they splashed against the Millenium Puzzle, the golden metallic object that I had completed just a couple of hours before when the quarrelling began in order to distract me from the yells below. This golden object, as my eye sight became strained seemed to glow...

Faint at first, but it was getting brighter, harsher, stronger. It started to sting my eyes as everything else seemed to fade away. A cold breath of an young adult, a male breath, gentle, but that essence of evil that chilled over my body, causing me to shiver as the temperature seemed to drop 20°c... but I looked at the thermostat whilst squinting my eyes to see that the temperature was still the same as two hours before. The voice grew closer, louder, then as clear as day...

"I shall grant your wish. Young Yugi."

And all turned to black.

Yami had awakened.