Desire

I sat in one of the many fake leather seats that filled up the large, yellow vehicle. A grey-blue backpack was slung across my shoulders. My black hair lay flat on my head, complimenting my bright blue eyes.
I fiddled with the crescent pendant that hung from my neck. It was made of brass, but painted silver. A small design was engraved onto each side.
The bus lurched to a stop. I slipped the pendant under my shirt as I exited the school bus. I didn't want to be known as the only boy at Jackson High to wear a necklace.
I crossed the street, which was cluttered with students. My footsteps clapped loudly on the pavement, then transitioned to a soft scuff as they moved onto the carpet inside of the school. The air was a dense chill against my skin. The white, cinder block walls rose far above my head. The light from the fluorescent bulbs splashed through the walls.
It was a cheery place. I loved Jackson High. It was the only place where I didn't feel alone in the world. I loved art, books, and photography. Luckily, this school makes enough money to afford a photography class.
I like to think that all of my paintings are diverse, yet I always seem to go back to one thing: the Moon. The moon was beautiful to me. Yet for some reason, the way its silver surface glints in the night sends chills down by spine. It is as if my body is afraid, but my mind isn't.
I scanned the hall, searching for a friendly face in the crowd of unfamiliarities. My eyes kept gazing until I found one. It was Luna's.
"Hello Luna!" I greeted as I walked up to her.
"Hi Bardulf!" The sound of my own name still brought discomfort to my ears. Even the meaning of the German name was pointless. 'Bright Wolf'. It's so bland.
Not stopping for conversation, she continued walking to class. I was expecting that, though. She was always trying to get from one place to the next.
Something always pulled my attention back to her. Her enticing gray eyes, her shiny blond hair, they all seemed so ravishing. Yet I must save those thoughts for another time.