kiho-read note-

Note: this is also posted as a separate oneshot.
Pairing: Kihyun x Wonho
Rating: mature
Length: 1.8k

Kihyun had grown up in a small town where he was one of the oldest kids. He had know that he liked boys more than girls from a young age. Too bad his dating pool was so small. The best looking guy in his class had the nasty habit of scratching his butt and then smelling his fingers.

Kihyun gave up all hopes of finding a decent guy in his school until one day in the seventh grade when a new student arrived. His name was Shin Hoseok. Kihyun thought he looked like a green bean with a slight muscle build. He was about the same height as Kihyun but not quite as sturdy. Kihyun thought he had a nice body but what really caught his eye was Hoseok’s smile and the way it lit up his eyes.

Kihyun and Hoseok became instant friends and that soon led to more. It was at the end of Christmas vacation when the two shared their first kiss and became boyfriend's. Everyone knew not to mess with Hoseok because Kihyun would come for them if they did. And at nights Hoseok would snuggle into Kihyun’s chest and let the other wrap protective arms around him. They did everything together and the small town knew that they would be together forever. ….or at least that's what they thought.

Right before the beginning of eighth grade Hoseok had to move halfway across the country due to his father's job. Although it was a tough decision, they decided to end their relationship. Long distance would be too hard on them at their young age.

Jump forward a few years and now Kihyun was seventeen and going into his senior year. He was actually quite relieved when his parents told him that he would be living with his aunt and attending a new school because he was starting to get sick of having the same people as his classmates.

Kihyun was used to his small school where everyone knew everyone. So he was slightly terrified when he went on a tour of the new school and saw how big some of the other guys were. It made him feel small and unwelcome. He was used to being the top dog in his school but he had a feeling that he wouldn't keep that title for long here.

The first day of school went by decently and he was able to befriend a hyperactive boy by the name of Minhyuk. They sat at the same lunch table and chatted until something caught Minhyuk's attention. A group of handsome men entered the cafeteria and Kihyun could instantly tell that they were the top dogs. There was one that stood out in particular. He looked like an adonis with his chiseled body and blonde hair. And for some odd reason he seemed familiar to Kihyun.

“Hey, Minhyuk? Who is the blonde guy?” Kihyun said with a slight blush painted across his cheeks.

“Oh that's Wonho….wait do you swing that way too?”

“Yeah, I've only had one boyfriend for a short time though.”

“Well, I've never had one so don't complain. You see the tall skinny one with the gorgeous face?”

“Yeah.” Kihyun replied.

“I'd like to tap that.” Minhyuk sighed dreamily and Kihyun just laughed at his new friend.

A couple weeks into the school year and he noticed that he was starting to get a few bullies. It didn't become violent until one day in the hallway when the biggest bully slammed him against a locker and demanded that Kihyun give him all his money. He was pushed harder against the locker until someone ripped the larger boy off of him. Kihyun was shocked to see that it was the blonde boy from the cafeteria he saw on the first day of school. The blonde grabbed his shoulders and looked as if he was going to ask if Kihyun was alright but the other said something that surprised him even more.

“K-kihyun!?” the blonde whispered. And Kihyun's eyes widened in recognition of the voice he just heard. He looked up at the others smiling face that lit up his eyes and just like before, Kihyun was in love all over again.