Chapter 5: Don't cook candy canes covered in chocolate custard.

Papyrus was in the kitchen making... something. i cant even describe it. its like he got some candy canes and put them in a bowl and then poured chocolate custard on top. it may sound nice but it certainly doesn't look very appetizing.

Melon and Sugar were watching Mettaton doing whatever he does. "well Mettaton hasn't really changed from my universe. he is still a 'star'."  Sugar snickered. "i noticed the air quotes." Melon was about to say something back when Papyrus ran out of the kitchen screaming. Sugar jumped up to see what had happened and melon slowly followed behind.

The entire kitchen was somehow covered in chocolate. "papyrus? how..." his brother asked with a not-impressed face. "I TRIED TO COOK MY DELICIOUS BOWL OF SUGAR!"

"you tried to cook candy canes with chocolate custard smothered on it... in the oven."

"YES!"

"why?"

"IT WAS COLD"

"right. um paps. your not supposed to cook candy canes."

"WHAT ABOUT CUSTARD?"

"uhhh... i don't know. i think you cook it in a pan on the stove."

"WHAT!? ARE YOU SAYING I DID EVERYTHING WRONG!?"

 "yes."

"NYOO HOO HOO! I, THE NOT SO GREAT PAPYRUS, HAVE FAILED AT MAKING MY CANDGHETTI!"

"candghetti?"

"YES! NOW I AM GOING TO GET ALL THE INGREDIENTS FROM THE SHOP. GOOD BYE BROTHER! BYE MELON!"

Papyrus ran out of the kitchen and charged into the door. "OWIEEEE!" papy rubbed his skull. "woah the door didn't fall down. thats new" Sugar muttered as he helped his brother up. "wait... are you saying he does this everyday?" Melon questioned a little bewildered. "pretty much, i guess he just doesn't like doors which is weird since i think they're a-door-able."

"AGH! IM LEAVING!" papy screamed as he ran out of the house. Melon sighed and sat on the couch with Sugar as they continued to watch the show. 

---

"hey its getting pretty late, we should get some rest." sugar said as he yawned and turned the TV off. "i guess... what about paps?" Melon asked as he stood up with sugar and followed him up the stairs. "oh right. i forgot he's not back yet..." sugar mumbled as he walked back down the stairs with Melon trailing behind. Sugar reached out for the door handle however before he could open the door himself, it burst open and slammed into the tired and confuzzled skelly.

"BROTHER! IM BACK!"

Sugar was squashed behind the door.

"thats cool."

"HUH? ARE YOU INVISIBLE BROTHER!?"

"umm papyrus... sugars behind the door. you kinda crushed him."

"OH NO!" papyrus shut the door to find a dazed Sugar rubbing his skull. "uhh... im fine, paps. just a little dizzy." Sugar patted his skull then stumbled over to the couch, sitting on it, missing it and falling on the floor. "oww..." Melon was laughing so hard that his.. ribs? okay whatever. His ribs began to hurt. "SUGAR YOU'VE BROKEN MELON!" Melon was laughing even more if thats even possible. he was currently on the floor gasping for breath for his non existent lungs. "oops. my bad." sugar smirked as he walked over to melon and sat next to him on the floor.

"yo."

"... hi" Melon managed to say as he sat up, finishing his laughing frenzy. Just then, a small knocking was heard from the other side of the surprisingly not dismantled door.

"OHO THE HUMAN ARRIVES!"

'wait... human?'

A/N: hey guys, im gonna start calling paps by his real name, peppermint, in this sugary AU. also i'm sick, thats why no updates for 7 days. at least i don't have to go to school. yeee.