Prologue

You slowly opened your mouth. "Aido," you called.

Aido stared at you with his peircing blue eyes. Like the cold ice on a winter day, his expression never changed.

"What do you want?" he snapped, freezing the fountain water behind him. You stepped back in caution.

"Hmph," you huffed out, "why don't you treat your fiancée with a little bit more respect? I, after all, am a Pureblood."

He looked at you for a moment before returning back to his book.

"Yeah, right. As if I'd bow down to you," he mumbled. You frowned and cracked the glass table that Aido used as a footrest. He yelped in surprise and glared at you. 

"Stop messing around!" someone yelled. You turned around and gasped. You saw a tall male student with silver hair and lavender eyes. It was Zero Kiryu...

"Zero-kun, wanna play servant and master?"

"No way, you beast!"

"But Zero-kun, I love you..." 

"You retched vampire, stop messing around!"

You smiled. You knew Zero ever since you were a child.

Before your father, Rido Kuran's, death and your mother's, Shuzuka Hio, actions were involved with the Kiryu family, you and him used to good friends.

Though he resented you, you two would always joke around. You had told him about your feelings one time, and he had painfully rejected you.

That was when you decided to love no one but him.

It was a mere coincidence that you happened to meet Zero today. After all, you and Aido's marriage was arranged by his grandfather. 

"And who are you? The new transfer student, I suppose?" Zero questioned. 

"Yeah. I guess I am, right? Excuse me, but allow me to introduce myself formally," you said. "I'm Y/N Hio. Does that sound familiar enough?"

He looked at you with wide eyes and parted lips. So he does... Zero frowned and looked away. "You're the same as usual."

"Wait, you two know each other?" Aido added in.

You and him both whipped your heads to Aido. "No," Zero said with a monochrome tone.

"Yeah!" you cheered. You kissed your teeth at him at sighed.

"Whatever. Just don't get in my way. Okay, kid?" he spat out.

You sighed as you watched him walk away. "I'm not a kid. I'm 2 days older than you..." you whimpered.

Aido walked beside you and tapped your shoulder. "Do you love him or something?" he mumbled.

You turned your head toward him and flushed your face red. "Yeah, I do, but I don't think that he does. After all, my mother was stupid and gullible. She murdered them..."

"Shizuka, huh? No wonder," he scoffed, chuckling openly as I watched him with hate.

"Shut up, Aido. You don't understand," I said. 

"Whatever, idiot. You're right. I don't. Your room is in the Moon Dormitory," he said as he walked past you. You groaned and picked up your suitcase.

"Wait up. I'm your fiancée. Can't you at least pretend to care?" you yelled with your eyebrows furrowed together.

Aido stopped in your tracks, and you did too. He turned his head; his sparkling golden hair in the sun and his eyes as blue as the sea.

He gave you a small smile, and your heart thumped a beat involuntarily. His soft gaze captured yours as he released a small breath of air. 

"No."