Chapter 2

Lily’s POV

            “Open wide,” I smile as I spoon some mashed potatoes and feed them to Aya. She giggles and opens he mouth. Aya is my one year old daughter with scarlet hair, like her father, and blue eyes, like me.

            “Dada!” Aya grins, tipping the bowl over so all the mashed potatoes fell on the floor.

            “Oh Aya…” I sigh and put her down to get a napkin. Her father is none other than Spitfire. After a two years of dating, we got engaged and I became pregnant. Not long afterwards, Spitfire got into a battle with the Takeuchi Brothers, which resulted in him losing his life. Since then, Aya and I live alone in his old apartment.

            The doorbell rings and I finish cleaning up the mess. Picking Aya up, we go to the door. When I open it, on the other side was none other than Kazuma. After Spitfire’s death, Kazuma would come to visit me every day. He was actually the one that took me to the hospital. Since he and Spitfire had somewhat of a special connection, he would see me and tend to whatever I needed, even though I’ve told him countless times that he didn’t need to feel obligated to do that.

            “Hey Lily,” Kazu smiles. He pokes Aya’s nose and she looks at him curiously. “Hello Aya. How are you?” She grins and holds her arms out to him. Once he took her from her, he laughed.

            “What’s with the potatoes in your hair?”

            “Huh?” I felt my head until I felt something soft. “Oh… hehe, I tried mashed potatoes today. It got complicated.”

            “She’ll learn to eat it. Right Aya?” Kazu spun her around once. She giggled and clapped happily.

            “Probably… How’s it like being Flame King?”

            “It’s pretty cool. Well, I have to get used to the feeling still. I like being on the sidelines more, so King is a little… out there. But I have my team to back me up,” he smiles. “I’m sure Ikki likes being Sky King way more though.”

            “Well that’s great. Don’t worry about getting used to it though. The best part is just having fun with it,” I get a bottle for Aya before sitting down on the couch, still holding it. “So how’s Rin doing? She comes to visit a lot, but she seems to avoid the topic whenever I ask her about school. It makes me a little worried.”

            “She’s fine. I mean, she is friends with all of Kogarasumaru and stuff. Um… her brother brought her lunch today. I had no idea he rode A-Ts,” Kazu starts talking, sitting next to me. “Oh yeah! Some girl in a black limo came to the school and called Rin out. They were talking for a few minutes, but her attitude totally changed. I think her name

was Miku Hatsune?”

            “Miku… Hatsune?” My eyes widen and I drop the bottle to the floor, its milky contents spilling out. Was it time already? I know she told us it would happen after Ikki became Sky King, but it’s only been a few weeks.

            “Lily! Are you okay?” Kazu asks me as Aya stares at me, a surprised look on her face.

            “Miku… Hatsune…” the name repeats out of my mouth.

            “That’s my name, don’t wear it out,” a voice says, interrupting Kazuma and I. Walking into the room was none other than Miku smiling at the both of us.

            “You’re Miku Hatsune,” Kazu blinks.

            “Yes. I’m Miku Hatsune, the Noir Queen, you’re Kazuma Mikura, the Flame King, and you’re Lily, the Ice Queen. It’s great we know each other’s names,” Miku rolls her eyes before they land on Aya. She smiles, staring at the child. “You must be Aya, Frostbite and Spitfire’s precious little gravity child.”