Last Chapter- His...Gone ?!

It has been a week and a half when Sayuri knew about the death of Kondo and Souji's visit. She still felt hurt about Kondou's death and also felt worried about Souji's tuberculosis.

The lily that Souji gave to her is now wilted. During Souji's visit, her flower is still healthy. But the following day, the flower doesn't have it's pearly white color. She even thinks that the flower is like the health of Souji. That is getting weaker and weaker.

The lily only has 2 petals left. She is more worried. Someone then knocked on the door. When she opened it, she saw a Shinsengumi soldier dressed in western style clothes.
"I'm here to give you this letter from Ms. Chizuru. If ever you will ever make a reply, please do it immediately" he said. Sayuri nodded and tooked the letter. she also closed the door and head to the main room. She sighed deeply and unfold the letter. While readeing, tears started streaming down from the brim of her eyes.

'I'm sorry Sayuri-chan if I haven't send you a letter. But this would be the last one. Hijikata-san wanted me to inform you that Okita-san is now gone. I guess that Okita-san didn't told you that he drank the Ochimizu even though you already know about the medicine.

Okita-san sacrificed himself to protect the town where me and Hijikata-san are staying so that Hijikata-san's wounds will be cured. Okita-san used all his strenght by changing himself as a Rasetsu that will finish of his life. Also, Heisuke-kun and Sannan-san died as well. While Harada-san and Nagakura-san left the Shinsengumi. Saito-san lead the other half of the Shinsengumi to battle the Choushuu. That's all of it that you need to know. Please take care, Sayuri-chan.............Chizuru'

Sayuri let go of the letter and started wiping her tears. But it just continued to fall down.

" Souji.....Souji...." she said all over again. Hoping that he could hear her from the heavens.

" Why am I such I coward for not letting you know my feelings. I'm so.... stupid" she said between sobs

' You will forever be me favorite flower. Aishteru....Sayuri' she heard. That made her cry more.

" Aishteru....Souji"

Sayuri packed some of her stuff that she needs to bring and kept the letter. She also brought her sword, as well for her short sword that Saito gave to her when she left. She also wore the hair pin that Souji gave to her. She headed out the dojo and locked it up. She told the Shinsengumi soldier to take her to where Hijikata is. They then started heading to where the Shinsengumi.

At the meeting place of the Shinsengumi, she talked to Hijikata about her joining the war with Saito. Hijikata was about to told her to change her mind about it and to continue on living her life but, he saw the determination in her eyes, just like the eyes of Souji and Kondou when they are serious about something. Hijikata ordered some of the soldiers to take Sayuri to Saito. Chizuru helped Sayuri by giving her a western style clothes for guys. Sayuri cutted her waist length hair to shoulder lenght and tied it just like Kondou's. Than wearing what Chizuru gave to her, Sayuri asked if they have the same clothes of Souji's. Chizuru nodded and went to get it. Now, Sayuri sort of looked like Souji but you can see thher facial of despair and sadness.

' By doing this, even thought that it's a bit stupid an maybe they will think that I'm crazy,  but I know that Kondou-san and Souji is just beside me or they will watch over me and the others.  I'll just do my best to protect Hijikata-nii and the name of the Shinsengumi'

Sayuri with 5 Shinsengumi soldiers head off to the war of the Choushuu and the Aizu. They then saw the base of the Aizu and Saito. Sayuri then told Saito that she will help out in the war. Saito could't say no when one of the Shinsengumi soldier told Saito about what happened.

Sayuri died when she protected Saito from a gunshot of the Choushuu. In her last breath, she asked if she helped a lot and if she did her best. Saito answered...

" You had done enough to save eveyone. I think it is now time for you to join them"

Sayuri gave him her last genuine smile and drifted off to sleep. After the battle, at night, Saito brought Sayuri's corpse to where Saouji died. Him and one of the soldier he brought digged a hole for Sayuri's grave. He then sttabed Sayuri's sword on the ground, beside Souji's sword that is still covered with blood. Saito lay the flowers that Souji is always fond of.

In the heavens, even though Souji is sad to see that his beloved had died. But they are still happy to be with each other for eternity.

' Can just God give me another chance to let me tell my feelings to him/her ?'

___________________________________________

A/N: That is the end of it. Sheesh, while typing this, I felt that I want to cry so bad.

So the sequel will be posted soon (I hope). This is my second time making a sad ending (my first was 1000 Years Always by your Side- KHR). The setting of the sequel will be in the Hakuouki SSL.

HAKUOUKI NEWS:- The second movie of Hakuouki will be release on March 18, 2014 in Japan.
- Hakuouki Movie 1: Kyoto Ranbu DVD will be released on the month of February
- Hakuouki SSL Opening Movie was already released
- The last 2 pics for the gallery of Hakuouki SSL was already released
- Hakuouki SSL system was updated
- And many more updates of Hakuouki SSL that I cannot describe, hehe.

SNEAK PEEK FOR THE SEQUEL:

" She will be mine"
" As if that will happen"

" I'm feeling jealous everytime I see you with him"

" What am I seeing ? Is this some type of flashbacks ? But, whose flashback are these?"

" Will you be my one and only ?"

That's the only thing I can share, dialouges. Sorry. Well, I hope that you can wait for it and I'm sorry that this story is only short.

I'm also thinking of a story of Starry Sky for Shiranui, still not sure if I'm going to do it. Also having a lot of UtaPri fanfic on my sleeves. Well, thanks for supporting Hakuouki and this fanfic. Till next time of Hakuouki