ii: feelings

It has been quite sometime now since the regular housemates have entered the house. Since then, a lot of things drastically changed in our daily routine. I didn't really mind any of these changes until that incident.

That incident that really got on my nerves.

Of course, Maymay. Of course, people would get naturally close to you.

And of course, one of those people is Tanner.

Tanner. Superman, as they call him. The tall English-speaking hunk guy Tanner who's an eyecandy to every girl. Every girl including Maymay.

Of course, as expected, Maymay is one of the first few people who had the guts and the kindness to approach Tanner and make him feel he belongs. Kinda like what she made me feel.

The way she emits that warm aura that makes you think everything's easier when she's around. The ray of sunshine in a gloomy day. The kind of sunlight you look forward to after the storm. The kind of spring you long for in frigid winter.

That's my twin. That's Maymay.

That's... weird. When did I start to have this kind of feelings for her? When did these feelings become so strong?

"My boyfriend was 22," my reverie was cut short when I heard Maymay's voice. I turned my head to look at her. As expected, though I didn't quite like it, she was talking to Tanner. I rolled my eyes inwardly. "But I'm 19. And I decided I want to enjoy life." She added, jabbing Santa Claus Tanner's fake tummy.

"Yeah," Tanner replied, a grin forming on his face.

They exchanged a series of playful "Di ba"s and much to my discomfort and dislike, Tanner opened his arms wide for an embrace.

I couldn't explain what I felt when Maymay willingly and sweetly succumbed into his embrace. For a moment, I felt blood rush into my head.

Although the embrace lasted for just several seconds, I felt as though Maymay had been in his arms for longer than what was necessary.

Before I knew it, my legs were taking me to where the two of them were. Maymay had been jabbing Santa Claus Tanner's tummy for the second time, and due to the lack of excuse I could think of at that moment, I just let my body take over.

I found myself in between Maymay and Tanner, successfully putting a stop into whatever Maymay was doing. Her eyes were on me. Mission to distract her, accomplished. Good job, Edward.

"Hey," I said, as normally as possible. She looked at me, puzzled.

For the first time that day, I took her appearance in. Maymay in an elf costume. How is it even possible for her to look overwhelmingly beautiful in even this kind of costume?

Without thinking, I pulled her closer.

This girl's mine.

I puller her closer without realizing how intimate it would have looked. At the last minute, I went for a dance. A dance that I rarely ever do. A dance that I'd only do for Maymay. Thankfully, she took the cue and playfully danced with me.

This girl's mine, the thought kept occuring to me, as I watched her dance jokingly.

This girl's mine, I thought once more, as I realized she no longer looked funny to me, even when she purposely tries to make herself look funny.

This girl's mine, I thought one more time, when she smiled up at me. I realized I'll never grow tired of seeing her happy.

You're mine, I finally whispered with a smile, knowing all too well that she couldn't hear me.