Chapter #1 Rivals

"Come think of it Midorima never needed to reach his 100%...but now playing against kagami again....his biggest rival and one of the few people he hates.....we may see just that.."

"Huh?.....mmm i guess you have a point..."

"Second period is over! now the teams will have a 10 minute break"

Midorima slams his locker shut as he leaves to go to the bench. "uh? Shin-chan are you ok? You seem to be a little angry..." "My anger only contributes to my determination of winning this game takao...losing twice to kagami made me realize his patterns and his movements on the field...now I believe i have a chance of winning against him...Do not worry takao...this time we are not going to lose to him." "Hmmm...are you sure about that Shin-chan? Aren't you forgetting something?We still haven't figured out how to counter his zone performance yet...while in it..kagami's skill improves dramatically...don't you think that could be a problem for us to reach victory...and the fact that he defeated Aomine for a second time...with so much ease...goes to show how much stronger kagami is right now" "About that....i have a plan on how to reduce kagami's energy and make him weak....even while he is inside the zone...its really simple if you think about it. We make him tired." "HUH? that's it? isn't this going to be very obvious? Wont they be able to counter it?" ""All we need is coordination and team play takao.. when the ball is in our hands we make sure to pass it around without doing much movement to maintain our energy and make kagami run around like a dog fetching a stick...it wont be long until he gets tired..and that is when we strike." "But we are already falling behind with a 6 point difference....we are allowed 24 seconds with the ball if we waste 17 or 20 of them there will not be much time to score" "That is why you give ME the ball the last few seconds to shoot and just in case kagami does get a chance to block,i will pass the ball to you or someone else to shoot." "still...it is still a big risk we take..." "Do not worry takao even if this does not work....i have a trick up my sleeve"

And so the team got up as they heard the buzzer ring indicating the start of the third period.

"Both teams, positions!"

Jump ball favored seirin team and as kagami takes the ball he passes right to kuroko who performs an ignite pass heading straight back to kagami who was in a position for an alley-hoop. But as he is about to score he gets blocked by Midorima. A big gasp was let out of kagami's mouth with a loud "HOW?" escaping with it.Now the ball being on Midorima's hands and kagami being far away from his hoop he decides to take a full court shot instead of following the plan. Every fan is filled with excitement as everyone stares at the flying ball as it makes its way towards seirin's hoop, but the ball didn't make it inside the hoop but instead it hit the rim.As it bounces of takao was lucky enough to get the rebound but he did not think straight and he went for a lay up only to be blocked by the center of seirin and uncrowned king, kiyoshi teppei. "BASTARD" he yelled but fortunately he was able to retrieve the ball since teppei used a little more force than needed and knocked the ball instead of taking it for his own and this time he decided to follow Midorima's orders and so he passed the ball back to his teammates 4 minutes have passed and the plan seemed to be working. Kagami's energy levels are slowly dropping to the point he can no longer move around the court as fast as he could. 5 minutes left until the third period is over when suddenly the referee's words echoed around the court.

"Seirin time out!"

As seirin is resting on their bench a loud smack came from the corner, it was rico smacking kagami's head and yelling at him. "WHAT DO YOU THIJNK YOU ARE DOING RUNNING UP AND DOWN TRYING TO GO AGAINST EVERYONE ON THE COURT?...you are not alone in this kagami!" "I..i am sorry coach...but my body is pumped and my temper is high.....what are they doing....why cant i stop them?!" "Isn't it obvious what they are doing? they are trying to tire you kagami to make you useless and it seems to be working....i mean...take a look at yourself you are drenched in sweat and heavy breathing... the score was 134 to 140 but now it is 139 to 140...by making you tired Midorima has made every single shot...i am sorry kagami but i am afraid you will have to stay to the bench for the rest of this period" "WHAT! NO! i will not mich a chance to defeat Midorima once again and prove myself over him especially now...this is not the preliminaries rico we are officially playing a knock off game on the winter cup!" "If i may interrupt....she has a point kagami, as long as you are in they will not stop doing the same thing and at the end you will not be able to play and they will dominate us on the fourth period..." "Kuroko.......fine but I am going back in on the fourth period and i do not want any objection about this..."

"Time out is over both teams come back in the court"

"Mitobe you are in"

"Hey mitobe....do not let midorima make another shot you hear me.." Mitobe nods and with a high five mitobe slowly marches into the court and goes to mark Midorima.The rest of the period favored slightly Shutoku with the score now being 154 to 150.