•3•

walking into my dorm building i cursed noticing that the elevator was still broken.

i walking past it sending a scowl to the stupid 'out of order' sign plastered across the doors as i made my way up the flights of stairs.

after a lot of huffing and puffing I finally made it to the fourth floor and lazily strolled to my dorm.

thankfully my keys were easy to find in my purse as I attached a big pink fluffy ball onto to the chain of them. You know, like the girls on tumblr.

"pais? is that you?"

"yeah!"

i plopped my handbag and my english copy, which i decided to carry, onto our makeshift dinning room table, hearing light footsteps trotting across the dorm to meet me in the open living space.

"are you expecting someone?" i asked, looking my best friend up and down. she always looked amazing, which I was extremely envious of.

mel nodded, a grin breaking out into her face.

"i am, hope you don't mind that i won't be here for dinner?" she asked, concern laced in her voice.

"of course not mel, go out and enjoy yourself. you deserve it!" i exclaimed, brushing of her worries.

she did deserve time to enjoy herself. as much as i love mel with all my heart and soul she works herself to hard. she puts others before herself and takes it to extreme cases sometimes. she just needs to put herself first for once.

"thank you love!" she smiled, blowing my a kiss.

i blew her one in return as we let a few giggles slip.

"so, who are you going out with tonight?" i asked, wiggling my eyebrows suggestively.

i knew she was going out with a boy, I could just tell. my best friend senses are tingling!

"just a guy from my maths class." mel smiled, her grin growing larger and larger.

"ohh very nice!" I laughed continuing to wiggle my eyebrows up and down.

"i'm just going to get my bag." mel exclaimed, running off to her bedroom .

I really loved seeing her so happy and lively.

a knocked sounded from the door and I rushed, hoping to get there before mel.

try not to be the embarrassing friend pais. don't bring out the baby pictures just yet.

i opened the door to reveal and tall, blonde haired boy holding a bouquet of different coloured daisies.

i'm shrieking on the inside i promise.

"umm, I think maybe i've got the wrong dorm, i'm looking for melissa?" the boy asked, his blonde eyes glistening in the light.

nice pick mel, well done.

"no you at the right place! i'm mel's room mate, nice to meet you!" i gushed, gesturing him inside.

"oh! nice to meet you too i'm luke!" luke said, extending out his hand for me to shake, which i did.

"i'm paislee." i added, giving him a small smile.

"good to know you both are getting along!" mel exclaimed, running out of her bedroom.

we both gave her a smile and a nod of the head.

"okay so, i'll be back soon pais, try not to miss me too much okay?" mel joked, sending a playful grin my way.

"get out! use protection kids!" i screamed, pushing the couple out the door. i could hear mel gasp while luke just laughed.

i think maybe i've become the embarrassing friend?

•••
just clarify her name is paislee (also spelled Paisley) and her nickname is pais 😁

I feel like people will get confused by that lol

kisses xo