The Fig Tree

In 1794 a young girl in England named Dona planned to grow a plant. Her 'mother' was a very strict lady and was very anti-children. Dona had been in a severe car crash and her biological parents died. Her parents where young and hadn't made a will or assigned a place for their child to live if anything ever happened to them. So, Dona was sent to her Aunts house. Her Aunt was not very nice or hospitable. She gave Dona a room and Meals but, no love or affection. Dona felt lucky she had food and a shelter because she didn't ever know what it was like to have a loving caretaker. After Dona's breakfast one morning she was sent to her room. Dona had made herself a ladder out of her window the day before and planed to escape the house and explore the word. She quitly mounted the ladder and climbed down. She reaches the bottom of the ladder and looked out at the vast land before her. Dona had never been outside or allowed to go outside in her life. She had once seen a guy planting something called a seed. He told her it would grow just like she would. For so long she wished to go outside and plant a seed to watch it grow. Finally she had her chance. Dona walked to a secluded part of the woods and carefully hopped over any sticks in her way. She looked for a seed any type. After minutes of looking she found a fig. She didn't know it was at the time but resided to look for seeds inside it. Dona picked up a stick and dissected the fruit. The fig easily split open and she harvested two tiny seeds.