Chapter 1: Expect The Unexpected

When was the last time I had a proper sleep? Probably not in months, but this is all worth it if it's for father. Today's my pay day for my part-time job. The one at the dry-cleaners. If I just save up enough money, father should be good at the hospital for at least another month or so. You're doing a good job so far Nari! Don't give up and finish your work so you meet father. Two hours past five was my call for the day. I change from my work uniform to my own clothes. Before I left the dry-cleaners I greeted my manager, got my paycheck and headed out the door. I am in my second year in college, and an only child. While driving to the hospital I thought to myself. I'm okay with just me and father, but I miss mother. She died in a car accident when I was eight years old. Lost in my train of thoughts I soon arrived at the hospital. I went inside and took an elevator that brought me to the second floor that father was at. Room 204B just down the hall and to my right. Before I came in I knocked on the door.

"Come in," a weak voice said. I opened the door and walked up next to father, looking at his brown eyes and pale skin.

"Hello father," I greeted him with a smile. He and I had a lovely chat. I told him that I've been doing great ,and my studies are good. After chatting for a while, I

said, "I'll see you soon," and left. I didn't want him to worry. So I didn't tell him that I overheard one of the doctors saying he won't last long.

I tried to keep my tears from falling as I walk out to the parking lot. Once I got in my car I couldn't help myself and cried. I cried just thinking about father's last day. While crying alone I got startled by a buzzing noise. I stopped crying and notice the buzzing noise was coming from my phone. Yume's name came on the screen, waiting for me to answer. I wiped my tears quickly and answered the phone.

"Hey, how're you doing?", she asked with concern.

I replied with a little wavering voice, " I'm doing fine, don't worry, " I know how much Yume cares for me, and I didn't want her know I was crying. Yume's been my best friend ever since high school. We've been through a lot. She's like my sister to me.

" Okay just tell me when your feeling blue. Okay Nari?"

" I will." I answered back. I told Yume that I had to get going and hung up. Driving back home I couldn't stop worrying about father. By the time I got to my apartment I felt exhausted. Crying myself to sleep I started thinking about mom. I miss her and dad, all of us together. I still remember the vivid memories of us. Smiling, laughing and just being a happy family. Remembering those memories I fell into a deep slumber.

I woke up with the sound of the alarming beeping. That alarm clock is annoying, but it helps me wake up at least. Today is Saturday, which means no studies today. Every Saturday and Sunday I work at my part-time job, and on the week days I go to school. I got up and headed to the bathroom to shower. After a few minutes cleaning up I got dressed up and headed out. Today's weather isn't too shabby, it's nice out. Walking towards the car I got in and started driving to the dry-cleaners. Couple minutes passed until I arrived. As usual I greeted my manager good morning as I entered the store. My manager's really nice, he has a family of two kids and a beautiful wife. His name is Mr. Lee. Making my way to the women's locker room, I think about how lucky Mr. Lee is having a happy family. While thinking about that I undressed and wore my uniform. Once I was all set I went out and stood by the counter.

The dry-cleaners isn't all that bad the customers are nice, and the pay isn't terrible . Besides I'm not the only one working here. There's Kanto, Soonyoung, and Jimin. Kanto's really friendly and a great friend to have around when your not feeling right. He also likes reading his comic books when he's off shift. Kanto doesn't talk much at first, but once you start getting friendly he'll chat with you normally. Along with Kanto there's soonyoung. He's like a fluff of happiness. Hoshi's the opposite of Kanto, and is a bit more talkative. His hobbies when he's off shift is to either play on his phone or go out and play at the arcade. Last but not least is Jimin, the sweet but still mean friend. I remember when I first met Jimin she was a little rough to me back then. As time passed I noticed she's changed a lot. Still the same Jimin, but different. She's gotten nicer and expresses her feelings now.

Today was like any other day, helping costumers and letting time pass by. Right when I thought everything was normal, someone unexpected came to the store. He wore a nice black suit with a white tie , and combed back hair. I couldn't believe my eyes who I saw entering in. It was the chairman's son of Kang-Dae Group. Kang-Dae is also known as KD Group, they are a big and successful company. I've read on a SNS (Social Network Site) that the son of the company, Jae Hyun, is the heir. Kang Jae Hyun also has little brother named Kang Seo Jun. While thinking to myself I got interrupted in my train of thoughts.