In The Middle

"Ha, I win, suck on that!" I yelled to my best friend Kyle as we finished our video game. I think we were close to our 12th re-match, Kyle was determined to win but seeing that he was 0 for 12 I had a feeling we would be playing for a while if I didn't get his mind off losing to a girl.

"Yeah, yeah whatever," Kyle huffed exiting to the menu to start another game. Before he could hit play I stood up from my bean bag chair. Kyle looked up at me, clueless as to what I was doing. I walked across the room leaving my controller on my chair.

"What are you doing?" Kyle asked standing up as well.

"I'm hungry," I stated opening his bedroom door. Kyle followed me to the kitchen. I leaned forward on my elbows against the island counter top.

"Well, what do you want?" he asked me as he went to check the cupboards. He leaned in and shuffled some boxes around trying to find something that appealed to both of us.

I let out a tired sigh as I flopped down into one of the kitchen chairs. Kyle sat down across from me and everything was silent except for the sound of running water coming from the upstairs bathroom. I suppose it was Kevin who was taking a shower, unless their border collie was feeling a little stressed lately and decided to have a relaxing bubble bath.

I had an extreme doubt that it was their dog and decided that Kyle's older brother was the source of the noise.

Kyle got up once more. He crossed the tile floor only to open the fridge, shift the milk carton's position and close the fridge door.

"Wanna just order a pizza?" He questioned, turning to face me again.

"Yeah, sure!" I exclaimed, my face glowing with excitement.

Kyle smiled at my excitement as he picked up the phone.

"Meg, can you go ask Kevin what kind of pizza he wants?" He asked as he looked through the phone book, searching for the Papa John's number.

"Why do I have to?" I whined, I didn't exactly feel like getting up. Also, Kevin's three years older than me and we don't exactly associate with each other as much as myself and Kyle.

"Because I'm making the call, I'm paying for the pizza, I'm going to pick it up and because I know you're just being lazy. Now go ask him, I can't hear the water running.anymore so he must be out."

"Fine," I complained, walking up the stairs towards Kevin's room.

I walked to the end of the hall where Kevin's room was .The door was half open so I took the opportunity to casually walk in.

"Kevin, Kyle's getting pizza what kind do you want?" I asked stepping into his room. Clothes were scattered across the floor along with countless dirty dishes on every surface.

"What?" Kevin asked, turning around from facing his dresser where he was searching through the top drawer.

"Ahh! What the fuck, man?" I screamed because full frontal nudity is not what I expected to see.

"Why aren't you wearing any clothes?!" I yelled, covering my eyes.

"Sorry, Meg, I forgot you were here. I just got out of the shower and couldn't find any boxers.Which is what I was looking for when you came in." Kevin explained, his words came out rushed and awkward.

I stood there awkwardly still covering my eyes never thinking about maybe stepping out of the room until Kevin spoke up.

"I'm decent now, you can open your eyes."

As soon as I opened my eyes I saw a very exposed Kevin. He was covered by a small white towel that hung extremely low on his hips.

"What was it you were you saying before...?" Kevin asked as he looked down at his feet with an awkward expression.

"Oh yeah that, Kyle's ordering pizza and he wanted me to ask you what kind you wanted." I repeated.

"Oh ok, I'll have the works." He said quietly sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Ok, Kyle's gonna call and go get it now so it won't be too long," I told him as I turned to leave the room.

"Wait, Megan," he said quickly before I had a chance to step out and be done with this awkward encounter.

"I'm really sorry about... you know," he said refering to the, uh, incident.

"Don't worry about it, I should have knocked." I admitted.

As I made my way back downstairs, I thought about how good of a body Kevin has. Like holy shit that boy was fine.

Wait, eww, that's my best friend's brother. I shouldn't be thinking like this, I thought to myself.

"Megan, what took you so long?" Kyle asked as I walked back into the kitchen.

"Umm...Kevin couldn't decide which kind of pizza he wanted," I replied, swiftly avoiding having to tell him the truth. I was not about to explain my encounter with his brother's dick.

"Oh ok, well what did he decide on?" He asked, dialing the phone number.

"The works. The works and nothing but the works. Nothing more and nothing less." I said quickky.

Kyle laughed. "Do you want to come with me or are you ok staying here with Kevin?" he asked, grabbing his keys.

I told him I was fine staying here with Kevin. I only drive with Kyle if I really need to. He just got his license and I'm not fully certain if the driving school made the right choice.

Once he left I went back upstairs to Kevin's room.

"Is it ok to come in?" I asked, knocking on Kevin's door.

"Yup, come on in," Kevin replied, sounding awfully cheery.

I opened the door to find that he was laying on his bed while doing something on his phone, fully dressed.

Aww, too bad, I thought to myself. What the fuck, did I actually just think that.

"What's up?" Kevin asked interrupting my inner monologue.

"Kyle just went to get the pizza and downstairs is lonely." I told him. He patted a spot next to him on the bed.

I sat down beside him, and we sat there in silence.

"Is it gonna be this awkward between us from now on?" Kevin asked and I could only shrug as a reply.

"I don't know, I hope not," I said truthfully once I found the words to do so.

"Can I be honest with you?" He asked me looking me up and straight in the eye.

"Yeah, of course." I answered looking up at him to see he had his eyes cast down towards his lap.