Chapter 9

boop, I SWEAR I KNOW HOW TO WRITE PLOTS NOW, THIS WAS A BEGINNING STORY SO I JUST THREW STUFF TOGETHER, plz don't judge. ;^; Also, I loaf you guys, almost 200 reads *leh fangirls* OK SORRY, here's the chapter. #Giftsofanangrygirlfriend XD

Chapter 9

The Quest

Chase mounted Arrow, and rode in the direction Damien had told him. Determination pressing him further on into the moonlight. Chase and his men pounded westward of Lupina, the opposite direction of Affinia and towards the deep part of the Lunar woods. Turning his men off the road into the foliage, Chase followed the fresh trail of hoof prints.

One of his men in the back, called up to Chase, "Your highness, there is a faint trail of smoke that direction, it might be their used camp!"

"Thank you for the information!" Chase called back "Turn that way men!" The crowd of indigo, magenta, and purple clad men, shifted towards the smoke trail. Chase pushed his way through the forest, when he burst out into a clearing, he spotted exactly where the escaping group had their fire, tents, and horses. He spotted the tent places, for the tents still stood where they were pitched. It looked as if the camp was left in quite a hurry. Chase silently signaled for his men to scavenge the tents, in case this was a trap.

Chase waited for awhile, when one of his men walked up holding up a white heel. The actual heel was gold as well as a strap over the middle of the shoe and the toe area. Connecting the two golden straps were hot pink and orange flowers made of a ruffled fabric. Each flower had a clear gem in the center.

Chelsea's shoe, Chase thought, she was here. "We're on the right trail men! They were here!" Chase's voice was full of hopefulness, but why would she leave her shoe? Chase then turned to the guard "Which tent was this in?"

"It was in the far left one, sir." The guard informed him.

"Thank you, I'll continue searching there myself." Chase then leaped off his horse, and made his way to the far left tent. Opening the flap, he searched around the rest of the tent. During the search Chase saw something shimmering underneath one of the sleeping bags, pulling it out, he found out that it was Chelsea's white journal. As he stood up and walked out the flap, he heard a horse galloping into the camp, turning around Chase spotted a strawberry blonde rider though the trees. Will?

That's exactly who it was. Will rode up to the camp, bandaged and tense, but there. He swung a leg over the horse and dismounted, grimacing in pain as his feet hit the ground.

"Will! What are you doing here?!" Chase said as he made his way to his broken friend.

Will turned, looking at Chase with his horse's reins in hand. He gave Chase a small smile although the pain of simply moving could be clearly seen in his eyes, "I can't let you search for her by yourself, can I?"

"Yes, you can, especially when you're wounded!" Chase exclaimed.

Will shook his head, sucking in a sharp breath, "I couldn't protect her, so I'm trying to make up for letting you down...."

"Awe, Will, you didn't let me down, we just weren't prepared. Plus, you were outnumbered, it was four against one."

Will gave Chase a pointed look, frowning slightly, "Chase, for me, being outnumbered shouldn't be an issue."

Chase shook his head at his friend, "Will, I do not need you getting even more injured than before, please head back, Skye must be worried."

Will directed his gaze to the ground at the mention of Skye, not commenting on the second half of the sentence, "I'm not going back, Chase."