cupcake.

The fan sign went smoothly. Chenle was given the most gifts out of the boys, mostly because it was his birthday. All the fans had left and were probably peering in from the windows, trying to see their idols again.

Jaemin discreetly went into a backroom where Donghyuck was secretly playing on his phone instead of helping with the cleanup. The smiley boy picked up a box that was on one of the tables and dashed out. He searched for Eunmi, who was wiping down a table.

He tapped on her shoulder, making her stop the chore. "To my baking partner," he said before anxiously giving the box to her.

Hesitantly, she opened the box, worried that it would be a prank like the many other times it happened. But instead of exploding glitter, there was a cupcake inside. It was the same as the other ones they gave away to the fans but with the addition black letters that were frosted on top: be mine?

She was beyond shocked at his confession. All this time she thought that it was one-sided, she never believed that he would feel the same. Eunmi smiled, taking the cupcake out of the box delicately. She looked at the cupcake before smearing the icing on Jaemin's anxious face.

In the distance, the members, but mostly Chenle, laughed at their band member's misfortunate as Jaemin stood in shock. Eunmi laughed as well before scraping off some icing from his face and eating it.

"Of course, you idiot," she said when she calmed down. "I wouldn't have helped you bake all those cupcakes if I didn't feel the same."

He took the cake out of her hands and smashed the rest on her cheek. "Next time, let's make cookies."

+ The sequel Cookies has been published.