Itadakimatsu

You hadn't even knocked twice on the door before Jyushimatsu slammed it open and pulled you inside. His hug was tight but at least he made sure not to hurt you, he didn't want a repeat of last time.

"Haha, (Y/N)-chan, it's so good to see you! Karamatsu-niisan has missed you sooo much!" He finally released his firm grip on you, spinning you towards the stairs leading toward the family room.

You ran up the stairs alongside him, eager to see your boyfriend after a long two weeks. The last time you'd been together, you...

Well.

Let's not think about that, right now, just go into the room and hug him! It's been too long!

The door to the family room was shoved so forcefully aside that it almost came off its hinges, revealing you and Jyushimatsu to the rest of the brothers. Everyone's faces lit up at the sight of you, being the only girl who voluntarily came to visit. The view wasn't bad to them, either.

A certain boy in a blue hoodie running up to you catches your attention.

"My dear (Y/N)! What a gift you have bestowed upon us to visit our humble abode!" He hugged you, warm and comforting.

"Good to see you too, Karamatsu. Is it truly a gift for me to be here, though? I visit often." You were giggling in his arms.

"True, but there has been a period of absence, one that I had to deal with every day. Such is the life of a sinful man like myself." He pulled away a bit to look you in the eye.

You sighed. "That's kinda what happens when you have a job that constantly changes your schedule. I've had to work full shifts five days a week with overtime. I pretty much slept through my days off, I didn't have the energy to come over, let alone pick up a phone. I'm so sorry I never said anything."

You closed your eyes and rested your head on Karamatsu's shoulder, not having completely let go of the hug. It's not even two seconds later when you feel his hand gently rub your back, making little patterns in the fabric of your sundress. When you open your eyes, you kinda wish you hadn't, because his brothers were staring at you. You knew they were annoyed that Karamatsu could call you his girlfriend and they couldn't, it was the Totoko situation all over again. You knew Karamatsu loved you, but you couldn't really tell if his brothers felt that way about you. Jyushimatsu was at least content with being your friend, since he did still miss Homura.

Osomatsu raised his head from the small table. "Are you guys done, yet? Mom's gonna come in soon with lunch and I wanna keep my appetite."

"Remind me not to sit next to you." You stuck your tongue out at him as you and Karamatsu sat down at the opposite end of the table, making the red boy whine.

"I was just kiiiiiidding!"

"Nuh uh, too late." You tried to keep yourself from chuckling too loud.

The others started taking their seats. Karamatsu was on your left, Jyushimatsu to your right, and Choromatsu next to Karamatsu. Ichimatsu settled in between Jyushimatsu and a pouty Osomatsu. Todomatsu arrived last, sitting between Osomatsu and Choromatsu, not lifting his gaze from his phone.

From your position at the table you couldn't see their mother come in, so the door opening again slightly startled you.

"Okay, my NEETS, lunch is rea- oh! (Y/N), how wonderful of you to come over! I do hope you're hungry, because I made omurice." The brothers cheered at the mention of the dish, and you turned around to face her.

"Sounds delicious, Mrs. Matsuno, thank you." You smiled at her, and the smell wafting off the plates she was holding was making your mouth water.

"It's my pleasure, dear, I always make plenty of food and it puts a smile on my face when my future daughter-in-law enjoys it." Her glasses gleamed. Both you and Karamatsu gulped, especially since you weren't even together long enough to even think about marriage.

You definitely weren't against it, though.

Matsuyo placed all the food down on the table and left the room, but not before looking back at you one last time with a smile of approval.

"Well enough of this atmosphere, I'm hungry!" Osomatsu laughed, his chopsticks ready in his hand. Everyone said "Itadakimasu" and dug in.

You hoped nobody noticed when you accidentally said "Itadakimatsu", proceeding to enjoy the delicious omurice.