Another Spamano Story

Spain, a senior at Hetalia World High School, peeked through the door of the sophomore classroom where Romano was. His closest friends, France and Prussia were there with him for moral support. Sadly, Romano was busy flirting with girls as he usually did. Spain was rather disappointed. He knew Romano preffered girls, but that couldn't stop him from slowly falling for the Italian.

Romano laughed and listened to the girls as they gossiped and talked about their days. Although he started to have an odd feeling, the feeling of being watched. He looked around, and noticed someone peering through the door. He proceeded to excuse himself from the girls and he made his way over. "Spain?" he looked at the Spaniard in confusion.

Spain froze when he was suddenly called on by a familiar voice. He looked to find Romano standing right in front of him. France and Prussia quickly left, leaving him to fend for himself. "H-Hey Roma," Spain greeted as casually as he could.

Still confused, Romano asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I was just passing by and wanted to see my Roma~" Spain chimed. It wasn't unsual for him to say things like this. Ever since he had met the Italian, he had been using terms of endearment. But he couldn't help it. Romano was just so cute to him.

Romano blushed softly and glanced away, "Is that so..." Romano would never admit it, but he had always loved all the attention Spain gave him.

Spain inwarldy grinned at Romano's reaction. His underclassman was being too cute, and he didn't even know it! Spain smiled, "Sí~ We haven't talked in weeks, and I missed you."

Romano began to blush a bit harder. "Y-You missed me?" He was surprised. He knew he could be pretty cold towards other people.

Spain nodded, "I hate being away from you for too long. I get lonely." He was aware that Romano put up a cold facade, but he saw past that, The Spaniard knew the kinder side of Romano andloved it. He loved everything about the Italian.

Romano looked back up at Spain, trying his best to hide how happy he felt after hearing him say that. "I get lonely too," he admitted quetly.

"You do?" Spain asked a bit hopeful. The Italian's words sent his heart fluttering.

"I do. I'm sorry I haven't talked to you for so long," He apologized. Romano looked down at his feet. He was pretty embarrassed. It wasn't often he was so straightforward about his feelings. On any other day he would have been cursing and getting mad at Spain. But there was something different about today. 

"It's okay Romanito, you were probably busy," Spain smiled understandingly. They were both usually busy but the holidays were quickly approaching and everyone in school would go on winter break. And this meant more time to just hang out.

Romano smiled softly, "Thank you for understanding."

 ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

Spain looked over Romano's shoulder and saw the two girls he had been talking to before. Jealousy spiked within him. He couldn't compete with them. He knew Romano liked girls... And he was the exact opposite. But Spain was happy if he was Romano's friend. Just his friend...

Romano noticed the feeling change in the Spaniard's eyes. He followed his gaze, and realized he was looking at the girls. "Is something wrong?"

Spain immediately turned his attention back to Romano. "No it's just..." He had to think of an excuse fast, "Those girls were cute." He hoped that would make him seem less suspicious.
When Romano heard those words, he felt a shock of pain. He smiled shyly trying to hide it, "I guess they are."

Romano's smile practically killed Spain. He liked it when Romano smiled, but knowing it wasn't for him hurt. He had no room to be jealous though. Lovi- ...Romano wasn't his. "So do you like one of them?" Spain asked, his voice wavering slightly.

Romano's smile instantly disappeared and he looked back down at the floor. "I talk to them. But none of them could ever understand me. All they do is flirt and giggle," He responded quietly.
Spain placed his arm arounf Romano's shoulder, in a casual way that two males would usually do. Though he mainly did this as a chance to touch the Italian. "Well if they can't see the real Lovi, then they aren't worth it."

Romano slightly flinched at the touch of Spain. He felt comforted, but he wished Spain knew how he really felt. He was just too scared to admit it. And that made him sad. His eyes began to water, and he wiped them with his sleeve, in hopes of not letting Spain see. "I-I suppose not," his voice was a bit shaky.

Spain raised a brow, "What's wrong Lovi?" He hadn't noticed the tears, but the slight tremble in the Italian's voice had not been unheard. Why was Romano acting like this? Did something bad happen? Did somebody hurt him? Spain's stomach twisted when he thought of someone harming his- not his Lovino.

"N-Niente. Don't worry." The fact that Spain cared so much about him made Romano feel terrible about the way he always treated him. He knew he liked Spain, but he just didn't know how to saw it. As his feelings grew more intense, so did his tears.

Spain began to panic when he saw Romano crying. What ever had happened must have been horrible! "L-Lovino! D-Don't cry!" He held the boy closer. It didn't occur to him that the students in the class behind them were looking.

Romano looked up at Spain, tears in his eyes. He smiled weakly and wiped tears off his face. "S-Sorry." He didn't care what the students thought. He was just happy to be with Spain.

Spain brushed away a stray tear, feeling happier when Romano stopped crying. "You know I don't like seeing you cry," He mumbled softly. During this, Spain realized he was practically embracing him, not that he wanted to let go. He liked this, being able to get close to him. Even if it was just for a few minutes.

"I-I know.. I'll stop." His voice was still rather shaky, but he had stopped crying. Without thinking, he buried his face into the Spaniard's chest. He simply couldn't help himself. Even if he didn't show it, Spain had always been the only person who could make him feel better.

Spain's face was a light shade of red. Romano was, in a way, cuddling him! He just wanted to whisk the younger male away and kiss him senseless. He was about to as well, when the warning bell to get to class rang. Spain reluctantly let go of Romano, "I have to go."

Romano looked back up at Spain, who seemed to be blushing just as much as he was. "Oh right." Stupid school. Why'd it have to start now?

"I-I'll see you later if I can," He said quickly, "¡Adios!" Spain dashed off to the senior wing of the high school. He met up with France and Prussia and they bombarded him with questions of what had happened.

~   ~   ~ More to come :] ~   ~   ~