Chapter 8

Karim caught Macy as she flew into his arms, knocking him slightly off balance. The butterflies that he felt as she clung to him, made him smile. Holding her tightly, he pressed his lips to the top of her head, taking in the scent of her hair. He would be lying to himself if he said that having her here to greet him when he got home, wasn't the most amazing feeling he had felt recently. She was special to him and having her here made him incredibly happy.

"Well, hello there, beautiful!" He greeted her.

"Hi! I missed you...how was your day?" She asked excitedly.

"I missed you, too. My day was alright. How bout you?" 

"Boring. I feel like I might lose my mind if I don'd find something to do soon." Macy responded, letting go of Karim and backing away to look at him. 

"You just got here, babe. Everything will happen in time...you just have to be patient." He said as he set his keys on the entry way table and turned back toward her, reaching out and pulling her into his arms again. 

"I don't know if you have noticed, but patience are something that I lack." She mumbled into his shoulder. 

Karim chuckled and leaned back to look at her. 

"How is the jet-lag? Any better?" He said, changing the subject. He wanted to tell her that her lack of patience was one of the many things he loved about her, but knew that she got uncomfortable when he listed all of things he loved, so he stopped. 

"No! It is killing me and I think it is literally causing me to lose my ever loving mind. It is like I can't focus on one thing....my mind just jumps from one thing to the next. You might have to have me committed."

Macy wouldn't go into detail about where her thoughts had wandered for most of the day. She didn't want to tell him that she desperately wanted to know every little detail about him, or that at the same time, she was having serious regrets about dropping everything to come to Madrid. 

"Maybe you just need some extra rest...and maybe some extra loving." Karim said winking. 

Macy felt her knees weaken and her breath catch. Nothing sounded better to her than Karim loves, except maybe running away. She didn't like the effect that he had on her, it made her too vulnerable, but deciding that she didn't have the energy to run, she stepped up onto her tiptoes and pressed her lips to his and melted into his arms. 

"Mmmmm...I guess you weren't lying when you said you missed me, Macy Sue." Karim said, breathless as he pulled his mouth away. 

"Well you offered loves...so I was just streamlining the process." Macy said with a determined giggle. 

She moved for his lips again and pulled the bottom of his shirt in a upward motion to remove it, but was surprised when Karim took a step back, a charming smile plastered on his face. She looked back at him questioningly, raising her eyebrows in annoyance. 

"I was thinking of a different kind of love, beautiful. Let me shower in you love. You know...let me cook you some dinner...we can open a bottle of wine and watch a movie. You know...just relax. You need to relax. Let me take care of you...just let me take care you, my queen." Karim said. 

"I need to relax? Are you saying that I look like shit?" Macy shrieked.

"What!? No! I know that jet-lag is an ass kicker. I am saying let's just relax...eat some food...drink some wine and then...I will love you the way I know you really want. Humor me here...I am trying to be romantic and shit." Karim said with a laugh. 

He moved to Macy and kissed her cheek before turning to walk to the kitchen. 

"But for real, babe. You need to calm down...you seem a little high strung. I might have to call the loony bin to come take you away." He called out behind him with a chuckle.