Chapter 1- Where Our Tail Begins

I woke up to the lovely sound of my loud, obnoxious alarm going off at 6:00 am. I reached over to my nightstand to turn the alarm off but I couldn't hit it.
"Aghhhhh..." I mumbled as I finally gave into my alarm and decided to get up.
Oh, I suppose that I should introduce myself. My name is Autumn Winter. Give me a joke about how both my first name and last names are seasons, I dare you. I'm a freshman at Westwood High. But that's enough about me, let's get on with this story, shall we?
I checked the time and then realized that it was already 7:45. After rushing out of the house, my parents drove me to school.
"Perfect timing." Kelly said as I walked into school.
"Yeah no kidding!" I replied as I began walking to class.
*After School*
"Oh my God. Guess what?" Raven asked our group of friends.
"What?" We all asked curiously.
"I get to see Matt in two weeks!!" she gushed. Matt was Raven's long-distance boyfriend. They had been dating for three years. They truly were relationship goals.
"That's awesome!" I replied.
After a few minutes of my friends gushing about their love lives, we decided to leave.
"See ya! Have a good weekend." I called to my friends while I grabbed my backpack.
"You too." They said.
My friends have their lives mainly together and have a boyfriend to talk to all the way through it, and as happy as I am for them, I envy that a little bit. I've never had a boyfriend. I mean it's not like I need one, but it would be so fun to have one. In the meantime, omegle will suffice.
After getting home, I noticed something in my family's driveway. I walked closer and realized that it was a black cat.
"Hello there." I smiled and pet the cat as it purred and rubbed up against my hand.
"Who's cat are you?" I noticed it's collar and realized that it must have a home and family to go back to, but whenever I would try to reach for it's name and family's information, it would move away.
The cat eventually found a leaf on the sidewalk that entertained it for a while, and I let it be. After all, I'm sure the cat would go back home.
"Bye fluff-muffin!" I called to the cat, as I hadn't learned it's name. The cat walked away to what was probably it's home.
I then walked inside and played on my phone for a few hours until I realized that it was time for bed.
I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.