A Single Drop of Blood

The last thing I expected to see was my mother lying on the floor, dying, blood trickling down her face and onto the carpet beneath. I was standing there helpless looking at my mother a knife had pierced clear through her left eye. The horrible screams that injured my ears while the knife slowly deepened into my mothers skull.

Our house was being invaded by two men in silver vests. They crossed our threshold entering without permission there was no time for escape I had no time to save my mothers life. But when that fateful moment came all I could do was stare silently as I did nothing , nothing to save my mother from being taken by two men in silver vests.

Reality hits me hard when I realise that the two men are still here lurking around a once peaceful house. I hear footsteps coming closer to where I am standing I dash to the kitchen to get a frying pan for protection just incase they try to kill me. I am still in a state of shock , trembling with fear for my life then he appears, one of the men. The man comes closer I back up against the kitchen bench, my heart racing fast I lose the grip on the frying pan it slips from my hands and slides onto the ground.

We are about a metre away from each other I smack my left hand on the counter top and I snatch a cheese grater for defence. I get onto the floor and crawl over to the man in the silver vest that is when I start grating his knees he try's to push me off but I keep grating, he collapses to the ground. I go into my mothers bedroom get the phone and started to dial 000 but I didn't get to other end. The last thing I remember was the force of something thick and hard slicing through the air and finishing with me knocked unconscious, but of course the other man in a silver vest.