Chapter 3: The Creature

The little black and white kitten mewled in despair. He immediately regretted his mistake as he wriggled to get free of the grasp of...whatever had picked him up.

"Hush, now, little kitten," There was a quiet whisper in the kitten's ear, but the kitten didn't understand.

Finally, the giant creature released its grip on the kitten. It stumbled out of the creature's arms and eventually wobbled its way back to the barn. The kitten wailed for its mother to come lift him into the barn.

Mama kitty stumbled over, weak from malnutrition and starvation. She licked the kitten on the head and then proceeded to lift him into the barn.

But then, suddenly, the creature barged into the nest of cats. Its footsteps thundered loudly against the floorboards. "What is this?" The creature asked. "More Kittens? You all look starved! Let me get you some food!"

The seven kittens and Mama Kitty watched in surprise and wonder as the creature lumbered away. A few moments later, the creature returned with a bag. It set the bag down and ripped the top from it. The creature then backed away.

The cats did not know how to react. They stood idly for a few moments. Finally, the black and white kitten wobbled forward and sniffed the bag. 

Food!

The kitten let out a loud mew to its siblings and then the other kittens slowly made their way to the bag. The gray kitten took a bite first and then quickly started munching. The other kittens and Mama Kitty began eating too.

The day was saved, for now.