Chapter I: The Spring of Sins

SHATTERED EGOS

Chapter I

The Spring of Sins

"I dream a dream"

A feeling of drowsiness embraced me as I tiringly open my waking eyes, my hand ran through the smooth linen sheet feeling the softness of the bed. Driving my hand furthermore throughout the area until I felt something, something hard, thick-ish and long and soft - it was Josh's, Wait! Josh? The hottest guy in the campus, the MVP of the basketball team, the chase-me-girls-if-you-can type of guy. What's he doing here in my room? The electrifying feeling scattered all throughout my body and for a reason it helped me got up, jerkily. Looking carefully around the blue shaded room, with fine decor and a luxurious theater set standing in front of me. No, wait... This isn't my room. My heart is pounding hard, very hard as if I was being chased by a freaking horde of flesh eating zombies. This ecstatic feeling eliminated the drowsiness inside my head and led me to slowly look the insides of the fine thick furry blanket that covers my yet-unknown body clothing status.

"You're great."

A slight husky yet pleasant voice uttered out. Josh Williams, he's awake and he's looking at me, no, he's not just looking but he's staring... at me. Another wave of thunderous shock hit the shores of my body sending me to the gates of burning heaven, causing me to halt on peeping on my undetermined clothing status on his bed with him.

"What happened?"

I jerked as I turn my head to his beautiful face. Oh God, his dawn brown hair falls perfectly as soft as they can be, his dark brown eyes and the gaze that they hold, I can't help but put covers on them. His nose so perfect with a beautiful arc that's naturally grown and his slight pouty lips, endearing me to kiss them.

"You got drunk last night at Renzo's place"

Watching his lips utter those words, not paying attention to what he's saying, it's fascinating how perfectly they move. Oh god! I am the luckiest person in the campus, might as well in the whole world, sleeping next to the guy whose handsomeness and popularity is on its height, this could only be a dream. - I slapped myself not quite hard but hard enough for me to feel a not-so-painful sensation on my right cheek.

"What's the matter?"

He looked concerned at the same time looking at me like I'm a big joke.

"Are you and I did some... you know..."

Fuck! Why did I just say that? Oh no! This is not good...

"Well, probably no, not at all. I guess."

And he chuckled. I guess? Huh? So what's this kind of game we're playing? He didn't know if something else happened to us besides sleeping close next to each other?

"But you said I'm great, what does that supposed to mean?"

Increasing the volume of my voice. He reached and touched my face with his soft hand and slowly fondling its way down to my neck, down to my shoulders. Oh God! The burning sensation inside me, it's spreading again, this time it's like shooting flaming arrows down to every nerves of mine.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to misuse the term, what I mean with that is that you're a great drinker"

He took his hand back to his and got up from lying on the bed. Ok, that's kind of embarrassing, I need a distraction, something for him to forget what I'm trying to imply.

"So, why am I naked?"

I blurted out. Oh God! How did I just say that? My mouth is not in my control right now. He slowly moved towards me and gently whispered to my ear