Alive

I was adjusting my make-up when I realized my phone was going off. I'll just ignore it for now and call back later. I thought to myself. I continued getting ready making my eyes darker and darker and trying to cover up the marks on my face.

  I was thinking of how I got to this position in my life and how it all went downhill so fast. Well I had a rough childhood. My dad left my mom when I was about 7 or was it 5? Oh well you get the point. He walked out because he was an addict. So I was left with my little sister Bailey and my mom. Well soon after my dad left my mom became a drunk and couldn’t stop drinking so I left that hell hole when I was about 15 or 16 and leaving Bailey behind. For a while I sorta was homeless but then I met him. Him as in David, my boss.

"Aubree where the fuck were you?" David being the douche he is screams at me when I enter the room.

"Oh um sorry i was getting ready"

"That isn't an excuse" I just roll my eyes ignoring his drunken self.

"Well anyways you have a customer tonight"

 "Okay" I say when I grab the bottle of liquor off the table and pour myself a glass.

"You know what he wants right?" David gave me a sly smile

"yeah the usually I bet" I give him a disgusted look and take a big swing of the liquor.

…………

Wow I literary hate my life so much. I think to myself as I close the door that belongs to the creep I just had to have sex with.

I take my phone out to see my reflection of myself. Great I look like total shit and I can see a bruise forming on my right cheek.  I turn my power on my phone. Great.

The  screen flashed Bailey’s picture and name.

“shit” I say to myself when I press her name in my contacts to call her back.

“hello?” I hear her quiet voice say

“hey why’d you call me?” I asked

“well it’s mom again she’s gone mad I can’t stay here any longer.” Her voice quieter than before. I could tell that she was hiding from our mother. That bitch started beating Bailey a year after I left and I couldn’t do anything to stop it I just try to not think about it and try to focus on my hell of a life.

“well I don’t know what to tell ya kid. I don’t want you to make the same mistake I have when I left”

“but I won’t I’ll try to find dad or something I just can’t handle her anymore longer” Her tone getting a little more louder.

“Bailey we both know that’s a bad idea he’s a druggie remember?” I roll my eyes knowing that she can’t see me.

“fine I’ll stay here for a little more but don’t think I’ll stay here”

“okay well I’ll talk to you later. I love you Bailey stay safe”

“love you too” I hear Bailey say as I hang up my phone.

…………….

I walk back to my apartment. It wasn’t that far from everything else in the city so it was nice.

I get to my apartment and go up the stairs I’m pretty sure that was the worst thing about this apartment. The walk up the stairs.

I pull out my keys to unlock the door and notice that it was already unlock.

Great.