chapter 1

Where am I? How did I get here? Its very cold and very quiet. I can't see anything. There must be something wrapped around my eyes and my mouth because I can't scream. I don't know how this happened I will try to think back.

Earlier in the Week:

I slowly approached Anthony I quickly pulled his hood over his face that he could not see. I laughed jokingly he was playing Basketball and he missed the basketball goal because I did that. "Maya!" He screamed I laughed louder he chased me around the court. "Put me down!" I laughed and screamed he swifted me off my feet and I did not feel very safe. He put me down slowly. "Uh Can you walk me home?" I asked looking down. "Yeah,Sure." He said in reply it was just us two. Alone. Next thing I knew we were on my doorstep. "Maya.. I have to tell you something." I could tell by the look on his face it was sad. "W-what is it Anthony?' I asked worriedly he looked up sad. "I'm moving..away." I stopped moving I felt the tears streaming down my face like a waterfall. He started to walk away I grabbed his arm then he pulled me into a hug. "I can't live without you Anthony!" I cried and shouted I saw him think of something he must have because he stopped crying. My parents weren't home as usual I unlocked the door Anthony followed behind me. "Maya. Go with me." I looked at him as if he were joking I was really confused. "I know you have your stuff packed." He was trying to look me straight in the face I was looking down. "Anthony. A-are you sure about this?' I asked nervously I looked him in the face. I wait but he didn't reply. I grabbed my bag and I noticed he had his. We took my Mongoose bike outside. "Yes Maya. He sat on the bike I manged to some how sit behind him. He adjusted my hands. "Hold on." He said while smirking. Everything was running through my head. Where are we going? Will we get caught? What are we going to do? Anthony stopped the bike at station. A bus station. "Sleepy?" He asked me I nodded he carried me not forgetting the bags. My eyes were closing slowly my sleepiness taking over.

I awoke we were still on the bus. "So were are we going?" I asked yawning. He smiled. "You'll see but don't worry we have a hour ride ahead." I nodded I was near the window on the bus seat I stared out the window. I never pictured myself this far with my family. I was with Anthony who I would have to trust. I didn't like him but he was my best friend we were both dating someone so I guess it wouldn't be awkward. Then it hit me. Why am I here instead of his girlfriend? "Um Anthony?" I asked he was busy texting. "Where is Maylee?" He frowned not looking up from his phone. "We decided to take a break till I got back..." I saw my phone was ringing it was my Boyfriend Latrell. I didn't feel like answering it so I let it ring. "Your Phone-" "Don't worry about it." I cut him off. The bus stopped "Its our stop." He smiled I grabbed the bags he got the bike. We trotted off the bus we stuck to the sidewalk. I looked for a sign to figure out were we where Anthony got what I was doing. "He was using Google maps when my phone rang again. I answered it It was Latrell. "Where have you been? I have been calling you. Did you get my text and email?" "Enough with the questions." I replied relaxed. "I am not home, I simply don't know where I am." I tried keeping up with Anthony. We had been walking for ever. "So Latrell Anth- I mean my friend wants to know your address." My voice was shaky he told me his address I texted it to Anthony. "I love you." "I love you too." He replied I hung up the phone. I saw a sign it said 'Welcome To Virginia' I smiled. "Anthony!" I wrapped my arms around him. "Your bring me to Latrell!" I was so happy.

We later got on a different bus after eating at a nearby McDonald's grabbing our bags and stuff. We sold the bike for money and stuffed one bag in the other for space. It was dark outside Anthony fell asleep on the bus. A boy about my age kept staring at me I tried to wake Anthony up because I was frighted but he wouldn't wake up. I soon fell asleep.

I slowly opened my eyes I was leaning on Anthony shoulder I didn't move until he tapped my shoulder. "Maya Please wake up." I acted like I just woke up. "Bitch." I heard a voice after we got off the bus. It was the guy that kept staring at me the other day I pointed to him. Anthony punched him in the face. I screamed they were fighting Anthony 's nose was bleeding. I tried to help him but the other guy had a gun. I quickly searched my bag for my emergency gun I had it in my hands shaking with fear. I aimed it at the guy he saw I had a gun he ran probably not wanting attention. "Where the fuck did you get that??" Anthony asked puzzled. "Well I traded it for my old pocket knife." I smiled he shrugged. "She would tell the police?" I asked. "No that would cause attention. Then they would ask why are two teenagers without super vision." "Oh." I replied. We kept walking until Anthony pushed me down. "Sssh Its the guy." I tried seeing if he was alone. "Hey don't guy know you?" I looked up. I knew the person he was with his name was Unique we had a bad history. "That's my enemy." I replied. We walked a couple blocks away I had a strange feeling. Anthony stopped walking and fell to his knee's. "Anthony!" I yelled I tried helping him up he had been shot. Latrell was calling me I answered it. "Maya don't come I heard shots and-" "Anthony's been shot!" I yelled. "Maya! You have got to leave him run!" He yelled at me. I wasn't about to leave him here. I felt a cold hand against my mouth I had something wrapped around my eyes preventing me from seeing. I struggled I spit on his hand he let go. "Latrell Help me!" I screamed into the phone I heard someone hit 'End Call' button. I then felt the hands again. Then there was a cloth then everything started to fade.