Chapter 1

"How are you going to get to school with no car?" my brother laughed while walking out of the house to catch the bus. That was a good question. I was a senior in high school, and still had no car. I continued to gather my things and called one of my friends, hoping they could give me a ride. 

I'm Aven by the way. I play field hockey, in about almost every club at my school, and have one true friend, and her name is Harper. I wouldn't consider myself anti-social..you just can't trust everyone. Look at it this way, I'd rather have one honest friend then a group of fakes as friends. I live with my parents, who are great. I have an older brother named, Jackson, and a younger sister named Taylor. I'd say my life's pretty great. 

We get to school only to see a crowd of people by the entrance. I was curious and hopped out of the car before Harper could even stop the car. As I neared, I heard a bunch of girls' squealing and rolled my eyes. "Must be another cool kid," I thought. I didn't even bother looking and headed straight to my locker.  "Did you SEE the new kid," Harper drooled. "Not you too," I whined. It seems as if some celebrity was at our school and the whole entire school (even some boys) had a major crush on em'. 

The bell rung, indicating it was lunch, I was curious to see this new kid now.  I walked with Harper out into the courtyard, when this guy bumped into me, knocking me onto the ground. "Could you try to watch out? Geez!" I exclaimed. "Didn't see ya, sorry," the guy said helping me up. When I finally got a good look at the guy, I saw that everyone had stopped what they were doing and was now watching the whole thing. "I'm Jason," he greeted. "I'm....." I started before one thing led to another and a group of girls were running towards us, I took that as my que and ran before they could ambush me. "See ya later?" he called. I waved at him and then entered the school again.