Jake's POV

"I miss them" Lindsey said frowning as she laid her head on my shoulder. "I do to, it's really boring without them." I said frowning as I put my arm around her shoulder. I bent down and kissed her head and she looked up at me and faked a smile. We sat and looked at the sun setting over the the pond in my back yard. She looked up at me again, a frown chiseled deep into her petite, round face. "What's the matter babe?" I asked. "I was just wondering when you were going to tell Sarah about us." she said trailing off as she sat up. I put my hand on the back of my neck. Lindsey and I have been secretly dating since the beginning of the year, but I couldn't muster up the courage to break up with Sarah. She's one of my best friends and if I broke up with her, it would probably ruin our friendship and our group. Although now, it would be even worse, since I'm dating her best friend... We really didn't think this through.

    Suddenly, my phone buzzed, and thinking it was Sarah or Stephan, I jumped and pulled it out of my pocket, but it only turned out to be Lindsey's mom. I slammed my phone down on the porch and laid my head in my hands. "Who is it?" L asked me. "Your mom" I replied handing her the phone. Lindsey had recently broke her phone, so at the moment she had to use mine, or anyone's that is around her. As I watched her read the message, I heard her draw in a breath. "What?" I asked, giving her a questioning look. With a groan, she handed me my phone back. "My mom is sending me to that stupid summer camp too." she said. I threw my head back and laid down. "She's found out about all my detentions and parking tickets and everything, so she said I have to go to this camp cause they promised help with 'disciplinary' problems" she whined as she laid her head on my chest. "So I'm the only one who hasn't been found out?" I replied with a scoff. "I do worse stuff than you guys most of the time." She ended up laughing at me too.

    "You haven't been found out about what?" I hear my mom say behind me. I jump. When had she even come  out here? I hadn't heard anything, not even the door, or the clicking of her stiletto heels. "Oh.. um nothing mom.." I said sitting up. She leaned against the doorway. Then Lindsey elbowed my in the ribs and whispered, "Tell her something so you can come with me..". I nodded and turned to face my mother. "Mom.. I uh.. I got caught smoking at school a couple days during the year.. and I um.." Then she stopped me. "You.. were smoking?!" She yelled at me.I looked down. Then she turned her attention to Lindsey. "I couldn't help but overhear, what is the camp your delightful mother is sending you to?" She said with the fakest smile she possibly could. Lindsey looked down. "No worries I will call her myself." She practically shouted as she stomped inside. Well, that's it, our summer has been doomed to a bunch of little kiddy games all summer... Wonderful..